• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New mum nesting

Mokey

Young Bun
I think i'm nesting!!

I'm soon to be adopting two bunnies from the rescue i work at, I'm just waiting till they are big enough to be neutered before i can take them.

I've already got them a massive (and expensive) hutch which has been treated inside and out to protect the wood, laminate floor tiles for their hutch floors, three different types of bedding, a bag of nuggets two bags of meddow hay (different types), a waterproof sheet to cover the hutch in really bad rain, a new duvet (13.5tog to be precice) to insulate and keep them snuggly, a carrot patch, a large nesting ball, a set of chew balls, rubber matting to give them grip on their ramp (when they get brave enough to use it), better handles and lockable catches for the hutch doors.....Is there anything i've forgotten? Aside from the bunnies themselves of course! lol :lol:

I think i'm nesting!!

I'm soon to be adopting two bunnies from the rescue i work at, I'm just waiting till they are big enough to be neutered before i can take them.

I've already got them a massive (and expensive) hutch which has been treated inside and out to protect the wood, laminate floor tiles for their hutch floors, three different types of bedding, a bag of nuggets two bags of meddow hay (different types), a waterproof sheet to cover the hutch in really bad rain, a new duvet (13.5tog to be precice) to insulate and keep them snuggly, a carrot patch, a large nesting ball, a set of chew balls, rubber matting to give them grip on their ramp (when they get brave enough to use it), better handles and lockable catches for the hutch doors.....Is there anything i've forgotten? Aside from the bunnies themselves of course! lol :lol:

Food/water bowls? :lol:

Sounds like you're very well prepared! Lucky bunnies! :D

A carrier which opens at the top...so much easier to get them in and out at the vets :)

Camera and photobucket account to show off pictures of said bunnies to us lot :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ooh good luck. Its so exciting awaiting, their arrival.
I remeber having Widgets hutch all ready a week before he came. (that week passed sooooooo slowly)
Look forward to piccies :D

Oh yes, forgot to mention the water bottle, however they apparantly preffer to use a bowl anyway. :lol:

I'm just glad the cold weather has broken!

MY BABIES ARE HOME!!!!! YAY!! (photo's will soon follow)

I got them food bowls and a watr bottle from the rescue centre (They kept on knocking their water bowl everywhere), they will get a litter try when they start showing signs of 'going' in any kind of pattern.

youre right about newspapers, i think I should have been collecting them this time last year!! lol, I'll have to 'liberate' the free ones at the bus stop! :lol:

I'm not sure about a hay rack. They eat their hay anyway when its jus on the floor of their hutch, I'm guessing they will stear clear of dirty hay. They are just 14 weeks old and have a mad moment quite regulaly, I dont want them hurting themselves. I'm already worrying about them falling down their ramp :(

Mine dont get on with hay racks, I stick all hay in litter trays. I'd still fill a box with hay, they seem to love sitting in amongst it all snuggled up. They might start using it as a loo anyway in which case no need to wait!

Back