• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits lonely in seperate cages..

Rae033

Young Bun
If rabbits are kept in seperate cages while we are out or during the night do they feel social being right by eachother? The cages are built by NIC cubes therefore they are by eachother and even groom through the bars. We are working on bonding them but for right now we wanted to know if they are lonely when they are back in their cages?

We just want happy buns ;)

Last edited:
Sorry, I'm not an expert on bonding, but I'm sure someone who knows what they're talking about will come along soon.

I guess though that while I'm sure they'll be happier as a bonded pair, who can snuggle, it sounds like your setup is ideal for the time being. After all, you don't want to put them in together when they aren't ready, and risk losing all chances of them staying together if they have a fight.

Oh, and just to say, if you're struggling with bonding, some rescues will do it for you. :)

Back