• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poor Fudge :(

FudgeMallow

Mama Doe
Ive just noticed that she has little bald patches on her front paws :( The skin isnt broken and its not that red so it must have just been developing into sore hocks :(

She has sore hocks on her back paws which is the same, bald the skin isnt broken and its occasionally red!

Its only been since shes been getting free range all day and night so im going to have to cut down the amount of time she is on the carpet and cover up as much as i can!

I was going to order a sheet of vetbed, enough to cover the bottom of her cage and then put a blanket ontop of it, would this be ok? Just now she has got just blankets which i will get more of to cover up the carpet!

Anything else i can do to help stop them getting worse? I clean her out everyday (megazorb with a layer of hay ontop) and she has regular trips to the vet to get her nails clipped and so the vet can keep an eye on her poor feetsies :(

Anymore tips greatly appreciated :wave::wave:

Aww poor Fudge. I don't have any experience with sore hocks myself, I know that rexes are more prone to it though. Hopefully someone with experience will be along in a minute.

Lots of vibes,

FC x

Back