• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What do you put under your vetbed?

Elena

Wise Old Thumper
If anything?

My lops have a dog crate in my room, the door is open 24-7 unless I go out which isn't very often and isn't usually for very long. The base is wood, with lino on top sandwiched between the wood and some more wooden battens round the sides. Then we have a ladder up to the top which is again wood, sandwiched with lino but with only low battens, then we have the vetbed on top. They have a large litter tray at the bottom but not at the top as to get a deep enough one in there there wouldn't be enough room for them to get into it, plus the main area here they wee is at the top of the ladder (odd place) so no room for one. They do (Mischa I'm looking at you) wee up there on the vet bed which drains but onto the lino and I am also concerned about them weeing over the edge. I have started putting towels folded over a few times under the VB in the places they seem to wee which helps.

It's not a massive problem (apart from possible weeing over the edge) but it piqued my curiosity and I wondered what you guys put under your VB, if anything?

In winter I put a thick layer of newspaper for extra insulation (as my vetbed is directly on the floor). Currently I also have a puppy training pad between the newspaper layer and the vetbed as Sooty is still marking her territory (mainly on Muppet's bed....)

Back