• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lotties fur is manky!

Becky86

Wise Old Thumper
Just above her tail, its all matted :? Its where her bum rests on the floor when shes sitting down. They have access to their run all day, and whatever the weather they choose to sit out in it :roll:

George is clean still, so i dont know whats happened to Lottie :( Been trying to teaste it out the last few days, but its leaving bald spots so i dont know what to do for the best? Shes moulting aswell which doesnt help, she really is an odd bunny, bless her :lol:

I didnt let them in their run today, ive cleaned it all down with the jet wash and half is covered with plastic so half is dry and half is wet... i'll give you a guess to where Lottie normally sits :roll:

Has this happened to anyone elses bun? I feel a bad bunny mummy xXx

awwww, daft bun! My friend's Lop, a buck called Feather, is just the same.He has a kind of bum fringe :oops: where his hair matts because he sits on it. He does wash himself but i think the fur just grows too long there and its directly behind him on his spine. She gets him shaved occasionally as he hates being groomed. I'd just do a little at a time - if it comes off but doesnt damage the skin i wouldnt worry!

awwww, daft bun! My friend's Lop, a buck called Feather, is just the same.He has a kind of bum fringe :oops: where his hair matts because he sits on it. He does wash himself but i think the fur just grows too long there and its directly behind him on his spine. She gets him shaved occasionally as he hates being groomed. I'd just do a little at a time - if it comes off but doesnt damage the skin i wouldnt worry!

Glad im not alone :lol: Yeah it just comes away, she doesnt even flinch when you pull it out. She just sits there :roll: Yeah thats where hers is too. It wasnt like it last week, its just like wet matted fur. Strange bun

Hope your ok Vikki xxx

When Ted moults his fur is ridiculous. He gets covered in matts, that I pull out. I'd say it's down to the moulting, not anything more sinister. Frenchies are so floofy when they moult. If they sit in wet then it makes the matts worse. Don't worry about it...just pull them out!:)

Back