• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Weight?

xtine

Warren Scout
fustration! Bounty and Bumble were told on there last vets visit in sept that they were slightly cuddly. they are now 9months old and am trying to get them from 2.7kg and 2.8kg down to vets rec of 2.6kg. doing this by reviewing there diet. Bounty is my star pupil and is down to 2.6kg and is staying steady there but Bumble is not budging from 2.8kg. All i keep saying to myself is atleast shes not going up! x

Are they "purebred" or cross? I know some vets get funny about weight, and think that they HAVE to be on a chart. If they look healthy, and don't feel fat, then they should be ok. 0.1kg isn't much either way, so it sounds like it's been out of a text book. Weight is different for each bun, so your two might not have to be 2.6kg.

(Just a thought. If they are tubby then ignore what I just said! :lol:)

What there daily diet and what pellets do they have? I would suggest a treat ball for their pellets and hiding their veg so they have to work for their food.

i dont think there tubby no. they look really good to me. i was suprised when the vet said. im just going to carry on with there diet etc that there getting at the mo as they are enjoying it and keeping a steady weight. it is understandable Bumble is slightly heavier as she will eat anything lol

i like the idea of the ball for there pellets. they have selective(!?) small scoop in am and then selection of greens in evening which are hidden. thank you

i dont think there tubby no. they look really good to me. i was suprised when the vet said. im just going to carry on with there diet etc that there getting at the mo as they are enjoying it and keeping a steady weight. it is understandable Bumble is slightly heavier as she will eat anything lol

Just try not to worry too much about it! Bunnies are all shapes and sizes, and only a small amount are the "recommended weight" because not all are the "right" size. Ted's brother is very large, and his mummy got yelled at by the vet because he was "fat". He is just very large, and not overweight at all, so going on a diet would be bad for him. If you feed them a healthy diet and they have lots of exercise then I'd say you don't have much to worry about!:D

Back