• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

You know you're a slave to a housebun when....

RubyTed

Wise Old Thumper
....the bun (Who scares herself) doesn't give a monkeys when the hoover comes out, and decides it's a good idea to lie in the middle of the room so you have to go around her.....this leaves a bunny shaped area of mess...:roll:

....The doorbell rings, and you can't open the door because a big black monster is in the way.

....They think bedtime means YOUR bed, and get grumpy when you put them in theirs.

...When you go to the kitchen, they're ready and waiting for you to open the fridge so they can have a secret nom.

...When you're in a rush, you have to miss a stair, because one is blocked, and the bun is not moving!!

...when you have lunch/supper you have to feed them too, so they don't feel left out!

...You're bathing the boy, and suddenly the black thing decides to join him (This happened twice!!)

....You can't put the shopping away without nibbles in anything and everything!

.....any more?

You can't enter a room without being followed around as someone thinks you have food. When they realise no food is forthcoming, they ignore you and go back to whatever it was they were destorying before you entered :lol::lol::lol:.

you cant have a lie in because at half 7, if you're are still not up, then they will thump until you let them out.

and the best one, you find yourself asking your partner "is it me do the rabbits look shifty? theyve done something, i know they have.. look at the guilt on their faces!!" and then you find that you carpet has been ripped up...

When you end up having baked beans on toast for dinner because youve run out of money after buying the buns their veg and toys! :lol:

...when you find hay everywhere, and I mean everywhere (how does it get in my knickers!!)

...when you have to change the bed sheets twice in one day cos bun keeps weeing on them, and yet you still let him on the bed cos he's soooo cute!!

...when everybody has to stop whatever they are doing... watching tv, cooking, performing open heart surgery...to watch bunny wash his face and ears, cute!

...when you end up going to the supermarket every day, even though you hate it so much that for yourself you do a weekly shop, just so that bun will have fresh veg

...when bun got as many, if not more, Christmas presents as you did

...when you choose to do things that greatly inconvenience yourself so as not to cause minor inconvenience to your bunny, e.g. moving everything off the bedroom floor so he can have his mad half-hour

...when you have to leave a dinner party early so bun gets his supper on time

...when you have the TV on but miss every show you want to see because bunny is doing something cute.

....when you get to work to be told by a curious boss that you have hay in your hair!

you spend ages lining a big dish with towels and vegetable so they have somethign comfy to sit in whilst you weigh them :roll:

...when you find hay everywhere, and I mean everywhere (how does it get in my knickers!!)

...when you have to change the bed sheets twice in one day cos bun keeps weeing on them, and yet you still let him on the bed cos he's soooo cute!!

...when everybody has to stop whatever they are doing... watching tv, cooking, performing open heart surgery...to watch bunny wash his face and ears, cute!

...when you end up going to the supermarket every day, even though you hate it so much that for yourself you do a weekly shop, just so that bun will have fresh veg

...when bun got as many, if not more, Christmas presents as you did

...when you choose to do things that greatly inconvenience yourself so as not to cause minor inconvenience to your bunny, e.g. moving everything off the bedroom floor so he can have his mad half-hour

...when you have to leave a dinner party early so bun gets his supper on time

SO VERY TRUE! :lol: (especially the knicker one!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:)

....If you put them in their pen for 5 minutes, you can't look at them or they'll end up back out...can't resist sad bunneh eyes!:(

....your washing machine constantly needs cleaning from all the fur!

...you sometimes find a bunneh IN the washing machine, and will wait until he's ready to come out before you put your load on.

....You go through more than one hoover a year, and spend an hour a week cleaning it of hay.

you cant have a lie in because at half 7, if you're are still not up, then they will thump until you let them out.

7 ~???? your lucky mines 4 am :lol:

hay stuck to your socks, in bed, or even doing the school run with it in your hair, or even your spag bol ( extra flavour i call it )

your bonding a pair and realise you have to pick up child and end up walk the bonding pair 20 mins there in a carrier, cuz you dont want to risk ripped apart bunnies when you get bk

you hear a noise in your room only to wake up freaked cuz a white ball of fluff is nose butting your face to get up, and licking your eyes

finding a bun in your room you are a 100 % sure you locked away, panic thinking were is his wife, to return him to the cage massive hole, in nic set up wife still in with look of " i told you, you would get caught "

Last edited:
Awwww so true !! I miss house bunnies, here are some of mine..

.... when you run the cold in the bath first in case bunny decides to investigate

.... when you stop having non bunny friendly freinds over

....when the odd stray poo is completly normal and doesn't require being picked up

.... when its quite ok to make friends sleep on the sofa because you are bonding bunnies in your spare room

.... when it just doesn't matter that your newest arrival ate a 5 inch hole in your leather sofa.... just meant she needed to be spayed

.... when you don't do the vacuuming if the bunnies are sleeping

.... when its ok to be woken by a bunny eating your hair.... he's hungry bless him

:lol::lol:

ooo forgot one you spend an hour hoovering your living room, only for your 6 month old nephew to still find one "rasien":roll:

7 ~???? your lucky mines 4 am :lol:

hay stuck to your socks, in bed, or even doing the school run with it in your hair, or even your spag bol ( extra flavour i call it )

your bonding a pair and realise you have to pick up child and end up walk the bonding pair 20 mins there in a carrier, cuz you dont want to risk ripped apart bunnies when you get bk

you hear a noise in your room only to wake up freaked cuz a white ball of fluff is nose butting your face to get up, and licking your eyes

finding a bun in your room you are a 100 % sure you locked away, panic thinking were is his wife, to return him to the cage massive hole, in nic set up wife still in with look of " i told you, you would get caught "

Hmmm...I wonder which pair that was! :lol:

....when the odd stray poo is completly normal and doesn't require being picked up

So true!
These are great, and so true.

When you need to turn the TV up really loud because bunny is snoring so loudly.

When you cant leave a room/do something without explaining to bunny what your doing.

Back