• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Buzz had been clipped

Candiflare

Mama Doe
A while ago I was puzzling over why my foster bun Buzz had almost rex-like fur on his body but not on his head or his tail. I thought maybe it was just part of his markings, but I emailed his old owner (who doesn't give much of a :censored: about him, by the way) and she said that her children had been bored with him when he was a baby and so tried to cut all his fur off with scissors to make him "look" different!

:censored::evil::censored::evil::censored::evil::censored::evil:

He looks like a Barbie Doll after having its hair cut off, but the only problem is he is a LIVING THING, not a children's toy.

Sorry, this makes me so annoyed and realise so many things.

No wonder he doesn't trust humans.

:shock::shock::shock:...poor boy!!

Has his fur started growing to normal bun's length now? How she could let her kids do that is beyond me!! What if they'd cut him?!....doesn't bear thinking about!

No his fur doesn't look like it's growing back yet... I know it grows and moults twice a year, so fingers crossed for the next few months. But when you look at it, you can see that it has been manhandled and scissored off at all different angles, and then there're parts of him that hair is practically not growing anymore.

It's making me angry because he is now my rabbit and I love him and I can't believe that he has been treated like this, especially when he needs a winter coat to keep warm.

No his fur doesn't look like it's growing back yet... I know it grows and moults twice a year, so fingers crossed for the next few months. But when you look at it, you can see that it has been manhandled and scissored off at all different angles, and then there're parts of him that hair is practically not growing anymore.

It's making me angry because he is now my rabbit and I love him and I can't believe that he has been treated like this, especially when he needs a winter coat to keep warm.

I'm still grumbling about this! :evil::evil::evil:

Back