• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Handsome Hawthorn Looking for Love

parsnipbun

Wise Old Thumper
Hi! I'm Hawthorn:wave:.

IMG_1192.jpg

IMG_0825.jpg

I used to be a wild stray and roamed the roads in springtime which was kind of dangerous! Then I was rescued and taken to live at Starlights which was good - but I missed that roaming. Then these people came to look at another bun and I saw my chance for a new life - so I acted really cute and they took me home instead.:lol:

Trouble was they wanted me to share my new living quarters with an elderly nethie girlie, and you know I am actually kind of handsome and edgy, and wild . . .a sort of James Dean of the bunny world they say. . . and it didn't really work out with the elderly girl:oops:.
So now she has gone to live indoors and I have my whole hutch and aviary run to myself . . . and there are lots of levels to go up and down on - and I get to run round and round and round on a big green bit (that sometimes turns white) for a while every day. Though not as often as I want (which is ALWAYS) as I have to take turns with other buns.

There are lots of other buns here and its really exciting - but you know I am kind of lonely :(. . . . it gets dark at nights and I have to go inside and well . . . I guess I would like a girlie bun to share the evenings and nights with. There are lots of other girls here, but they are already taken by other boy buns.

She has to be very pretty of course, and about my size, and intelligent, and lively:love: - though perhaps a bit calmer than me so I can still be 'the wild one'. Uppy eared would be good, and I'm only 1.5K so nothing huge. I am a lovely silver grey with unusual brown/blue eyes.

Only trouble is my humans say that because I am SO picky I have to go and stay at the new girls place whilst we get to know each other just to make sure its going to work out:roll: as they say really they have a LOT of buns already and this girlie of mine is a special exception as they weren't really going to get any more (oh yeh??)

So if there are any girlies out there who think they might fit . . . and don't mind living in a household with lots of buns instead of being the only one . . then contact me via Parsnipbun ! Oh yeh - I am in a place called Cambridge - though my humans are prepared to travel!

Sorry for the long post . . . .

Just in case you need to know -

as Hawthorn is quite small (and was originally paired with a small nethie) he has our smallest hutch and smallest run to be in. He has a Forsham two storey 6ft by 2ft by 2ft hutch inside an 8ft by 6ft aviary run - we have added different levels and a ramp inside the aviary run so he can also utilise the top of the hutch etc and get extra space.

However, personally we do not feel this area is big enough for a large bun so we are looking for small to small/medium.

He also gets exercise on the lawn every day - though he has to take turns with the other outdoor buns.

There are lots of does at BARKS in Northamptonshire....the fosterer there is happy to bond buns over a period of a week or more to ensure they're happily wedded :D and because there are so many at the moment, if one didn't work out you could try another.

Not all of them are spayed yet as all such things had to stop during the cold snap. But it would be worth phoning to discuss Hawthorn's special requirements. ;)

www.barks.org.uk

Well you are so handsome I'm sure does will be forming queue:love:

How about a Honeybunny?

We have the very timid Judy..she is very pretty and has lost weight since this pic:D
She can be grumpy with humans as had been kept in a very small cage with no handling..she is getting better and would love a boyfriend

Judya.jpg

or there is Windmill who is very shy of humans and will grunt but doesn't bite..she is lovely to look at too and can be very fast when she has room to run around!

Windmillc.jpg

or Kami..who again can be a bit territorial but is small and pretty

Kamia.jpg

There are lots of does at BARKS in Northamptonshire....the fosterer there is happy to bond buns over a period of a week or more to ensure they're happily wedded :D and because there are so many at the moment, if one didn't work out you could try another.

Not all of them are spayed yet as all such things had to stop during the cold snap. But it would be worth phoning to discuss Hawthorn's special requirements. ;)

www.barks.org.uk

Do you think we would meet their criteria? I am aware that the run is not huge - most of ours are 9ft by 12ft but this one was just squeezed in a space that was left for our nethies and hence smaller.

Petra at BARK looks like Hawthorn! (but plumper!) - what size is she?

Do you think we would meet their criteria? I am aware that the run is not huge - most of ours are 9ft by 12ft but this one was just squeezed in a space that was left for our nethies and hence smaller.

Petra at BARK looks like Hawthorn! (but plumper!) - what size is she?

Hmmm I would say she's about medium - probably around 2kg?? although she has a bit of chub on her so might lose some weight with increased exercise! I don't think I saw her last time I visited but I'm going there on sunday so could have a check :)

I PM'd you too.

BUMP:

Hawthorn would like me to thank everyone that has kindly posted, but because he is SO pushy:shock: he would like to ask if there are any other options as well? Just so he can consider them all!:oops:

He's sorry the first post was so long so he would like to abbreviate a bit:

Lively, intelligent, handsome, free -wheeling male-bun finally admits wants a permanent girlie:

Must be similar size and character to suit - with GSOH!!

Can offer Hutch with run and lawn time and humans who are well trained.:roll:

such skill... so suave...

Hawthorne, with those writing skills I'm sure you will be INUNDATED with replies from flirtatious ladybuns. Have you got an agent? Have you thought about offering Hello your wedding pix?

Hey that is SUCH a good idea - do you think I could sell the piccies for enough to buy us a lifetime supply of bun food????

Maybe we could have the wedding piccies taken in a meadow somewhere?

Oooh - and the reception . . . . let me see - the reception in an orchard!!!! (at apple drop time).

Honeymoon on the South Downs (lots of grazing).

SORTED . .

except I still havn't got a bride:(

hic - drunken buns

But be careful... When apples drop, they bruise. When apples bruise, they become cider. Drunken buns... A bunny orgie... Not good press, Hawthorne... your brand new career in ruins! A better venue would be a wildflower meadow. Perhaps one threatened with the building of a supermarket. Such photos! The bulldozers will not dare... You will be The Peoples Hero.

Back