• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Feeding Times

Fudgey

Young Bun
Hi all,

when you do feed your rabbits?

i have always fed mine first thing in the morning before i go to work..

is this the right thing to do.. any advice??

I feed them quite late, I prefer going outside into the garage when it's dark and more peaceful.

I feed my pair just before i go to school around 7.45. Then again at night. :) the night time feed varies between nine and eleven pm :) Each feed i give them 2 eggcup scoops of pellets.
They also have access to hay all day :)

I hope this helps.
Mai x

I feed all our bunnies a small handful of pellets around 9am, then they all get a bowl of veg around 7pm :) They have unlimited hay, i give fresh hay 3 times a day :) xXx

My outside buns get veggies in the morning,Pellets between 4-8pm veggies again at 10pm Hay all day
Lyric inside bun gets veggies and pellets morning veggies 4-8pm and pellets about 10pm

Bella and Oscar are fed 2egg cups a.m...a handful of veg at tea 5-6pm and then a bit more pellets later about 7/8pm...hays 24hrs :D

my pair get thier breakfast veg in the morning before i go to work :D

when i get home they get a tiny bit of pellets and greens to check both are still eating

then for bedtime they get a big handful of pellets..

quite a spread out feeding routine which is mostly orientated to making sure Alvin is still eating at all times, hes very stasis prone and im scared to miss the signs

eta - oops i forgot to mention... clean litter tray full of hay for when they finish the veg.. i pile more on when i get home.. and another pile for the night time... my fave sight is in the morning seeing all but a thin layer of hay has been eaten and millions of scattered poops :love:

Last edited:
Mine just get top ups of fresh hay on a morning about 8am
Then between 5pm & 6pm they each get a handful of pellets and a bowl of veggies between them all.

Radish gets her pellets at about 8am in the morning and she gets her bowl of veggies between 5pm and 6pm in the evening with adlib hay throughout the day.

Pretty much every 1/2 hour! I think it's best to spread feeding out over the day, as that's more like what a wild rabbit does.

I give Bramble a small cup full of pellets with a Kale topping for his breakie, usually late morning. Then he has a bowl of veggies around 6.30pmish. He also has unlimited hay all the time.

My 5 get their pellets at breakfast time - anywhere between 6am-8am and a bowl of veg at tea time - 5-6pm. Unlimited hay provided throughout the day.

They know when it's tea time because they all come out of their shed and sit in the run staring down at the kitchen window, willing me to get their veg ready! I'm sure they have a clock up there :shock:

Pellets - breafastime - about 8-9am
Hay - lunchtime - about 1pm - they have access to this all day long but I give them fresh about this time
Veggies - dinnertime - about 5-6pm

I don't know why it coincides with when I eat. :lol:

My 5 get their pellets at breakfast time - anywhere between 6am-8am and a bowl of veg at tea time - 5-6pm. Unlimited hay provided throughout the day.

They know when it's tea time because they all come out of their shed and sit in the run staring down at the kitchen window, willing me to get their veg ready! I'm sure they have a clock up there :shock:

i dare you to be late :lol::lol::lol:

when i was late with pellets Alvin would eat the wallpaper to punish me :shock:

:shock: mine must eat too much:oops:.....

morning: 8am small pinch of natures salad or herbal mix & fresh hay
btw 9 -10am handful of veg and approx 8-10 pellets

lunchtime: basil sprig or 2 green beans

around 4pm clean out litter trays & add variety of hays
6pm veggies
8pm a few pellets
bedtime: 1 fenugreek crunchie and top up hay

Last edited:
Late morning - handful of pellets
4-5pm - something like dried dandelion, plantain, herbal delight
Before I go to bed (around 1/2am) - tray full of veggies

Then hay topped up throughout the day (though she much prefers to help herself straight from the hay bag!!)

Back