• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wildies

Elena

Wise Old Thumper
Whats the best thing to leave out for wildies in this weather? I don't have any round here but on another forum I go on people are saying that wildies are eating seeds and nuts fallen from bird tables. Is that ok for them? I'd like to leave some advice but I don't know what to say. I know tame ones shouldn't have seeds and nuts but would wild ones need the extra nourishment?

They are pretty good foragers so will eat what's available. It's normal for them to eat some grain. It's best not to feed them too much or the population will get out of balance. If you were going to feed anything hay would be best :)

Oh I won't be feeding them. I don't want to encourage wildies, gorgeous as they are cos of spreading diseases but I will pass that info on. Thanks.

Oh I won't be feeding them. I don't want to encourage wildies, gorgeous as they are cos of spreading diseases but I will pass that info on. Thanks.

You've got some stunning photos on your website. Tell me, is the 'riverside' shot on page 8 by The Plough at Eynsford?? I used to live in Kent and recognise lots of the places shown!

Back