• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rosie and vaccinations

mini lop1

Wise Old Thumper
the vet has recommended that she not be done for her boosters at this time while she is having her steroid injections, she said as she is not outside she wouldn't be too worried about it

i said she may play out in the sprintime tough if warm enough

this is where my vet seem to be different. matt had his myxi and his vhd last year whilst he has an uri, and on meds.

i don't know if it will different next time as he is on 5 different meds a day now whereas before it was just one or two. :?

he was stable at the times he had the vaccinations though. i just trusted my own vet as knowing what was best for matt. maybe that is the best thing??

this is where my vet seem to be different. matt had his myxi and his vhd last year whilst he has an uri, and on meds.

i don't know if it will different next time as he is on 5 different meds a day now whereas before it was just one or two. :?

he was stable at the times he had the vaccinations though. i just trusted my own vet as knowing what was best for matt. maybe that is the best thing??

Well Lionel is on 3 different meds, antibiotics, diuretic and steroid and my vet said there is no way he is to have his vacs as it would be too much for his system :?

Well Lionel is on 3 different meds, antibiotics, diuretic and steroid and my vet said there is no way he is to have his vacs as it would be too much for his system :?

most people with buns on meds have vets that say the same as yours.

i don't know, i just trust him with them and matt was just the same after them.

i will be interested to see what he does in march though when they are due them again. will question him about it. :)

Does Max need his vaccination

Hi,

Max was due to have his mixi jab 2 weeks ago but has been on medication so the vet would not do the mixi jab. Max is an indoor bunny, does he really need a mixi jab? he will not be going outside as we live in a ground floor flat with a balcony.

Given Rosies age and health problems I personally wouldn't vaccinate her, we have lost too many elderly bunnies after they were vaccinated. But that is just my personal opinion and I was always advise you to go with what your vet and your heart tells you :wave:

Given Rosies age and health problems I personally wouldn't vaccinate her, we have lost too many elderly bunnies after they were vaccinated. But that is just my personal opinion and I was always advise you to go with what your vet and your heart tells you :wave:

Back