• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dust Free Stalky - *back in stock*

Mackers

Wise Old Thumper
Just spoken to Norman at Dust Free and he's got stalky hay back in stock. Says it's fabulous quality - good enough to eat himself :lol::lol:

I've just ordered 20 small bales :shock: - daren't tell my OH what it costs! I'm sure he thinks it's 'about the same as a farm bale' :lol::lol:

Just spoken to Norman at Dust Free and he's got stalky hay back in stock. Says it's fabulous quality - good enough to eat himself :lol::lol:

I've just ordered 20 small bales :shock: - daren't tell my OH what it costs! I'm sure he thinks it's 'about the same as a farm bale' :lol::lol:

Hia, is that a web site? I have been looking for somewhere local to get real hay from. (instead of the pet shop stuff I have been stuck with)I feel like I have been feeding mine the equivalent of micro wave meals :lol:

Sadly, no :( Still £30 for the 10 plus £10 for the courier - so a total of just under £80 for 20 bales. But SOOOOO worth it as it's the only hay my fussy little beggars will actually tuck into. Although I picked up a box of West Wales Willows timothy hay at my vet this week and they were quite keen.

Yay, I have just ordered loads.

I wonder Mackers, if you would like to share an order next time pm me as it would save us both money and I think I may have a bit of an issue storing it all in one go.
OH really gonna have to sort the old shed out now :lol:

Thanks, will put order in the weekend - mine love the stalky and enjoy seeing them getting stuck in :)

Just ordered mine - I love DFH but very jealous of everyone with great quality £5 local farm bales! I tried one farm shop nearish to me but it was horrid stuff.

my two will eat any hay (within reason, no pet shop stuff!) but the dust free hay is best for matt as it doesn't make him sneeze. they also love the sweet meadow hay from pampered pigges. it is lovely and no dust at all, but is expensive. they liked the willow warren hay aswell, but seem to prefer meadow hay best. :D

how much do you get if you order the 2 small bales compared to a normal hay bale?

A lot less IMO. I think each small DFH bale is around 2kg. If your bunnies will eat regular hay then I'd stick with it. I just have the world's fussiest bunnies :roll:. I'd say ONE of their large bales is roughly equivalent to a regular hay bale. As you can see from their website, it's a LOT more expensive. But is is fabulous quality hay.

Last edited:
Yay, I have just ordered loads.

I wonder Mackers, if you would like to share an order next time pm me as it would save us both money and I think I may have a bit of an issue storing it all in one go.
OH really gonna have to sort the old shed out now :lol:

Yeah - no problem. Although I'm not sure a big order would actually save anything on courier costs - I'd have to e-mail Norman and ask.

This latest order will last me well into Spring now :D as I also have some Burns Green Oat Hay and the West Wales Willows stuff.

i buy the big bale normally and give my mum a third for her bunny who will only eat this hay with true enjoyement.
before xmas i ordered a bale but only the meadow was in stock...i havent opened and boxed it up yet......will have to tomorrow! dont know if theyll even like it..but cant aford to buy another bake..plus nowhere to store it...and shhh dont tell my mum or shell insist i order it:shock::lol:

my mums 79 and he beloved hunnybunny is her life..and im sure my mum is hers.
im worried tho as anyuhting has been in my house..will it spread the staph and and past via droplets in the air to the hay bale? the hay was in the porch until it got a few degress below freezing at midday most days..now its up on a chair in the kitchen.
i used to buy their timothy hay in boxes but i had 2 frenchies and two littlies then. muchoo expenses!

which is better value..the boxes or the bale...my mum had two boxes and swore it wasnt as good as the sacked bale..:lol:

anytips on what to do with hessian sacking?:shock:

anytips on what to do with hessian sacking?:shock:

I save them up and then advertise on Freecycle. Someone always wants them. I know one or two people have used them to line/insulate their shed. I use one as curtain at the shed window for the really sunny days.

Excellent.
Thanks for this link. :wave:
I will try out this hay and see if my OH is any better in the allegies dept.
Roll on payday....

Back