• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pet shops buns & accomodation during winter

Hopper

Mama Doe
I was just reading a thread posted on a baby bun bought from a pet shop and admiring the cute little bunny when something accured to me that never has before (I never buy from pet shops so probably why its never accured to me)

The thread on here is what made it click in, there new bunny is indoors.

So, in winter when people buy rabbits from pet stores and they have been indoors, no winter coats, do the pet shops give advice to keep them indoors until spring, or are some people buying them and putting them straight outside into colder climates?

hmmmm, you are right, I have never thought of it like that before:shock:... this weather will be an awful shock to their little systems:shock:... Its bad enough for me

I was in P @ H yesterday and they was asking how my buns have managed with the weather...I then asked your question and they do advise to people buying buns they have to be kept indoors until spring re no winter coat...:D

(Hello Andrea! :wave:)

Someone will no doubt correct me if I'm wrong but I'm sure I read on here somewhere that Pets At Home sell rabbits only to be indoors at this time of year. Of course; there's no way of knowing I suppose whether people will actually do this.....nor any way of knowing what other pet shops will do.

I was wondering this myself the other day.

(Hello Andrea! :wave:)

Someone will no doubt correct me if I'm wrong but I'm sure I read on here somewhere that Pets At Home sell rabbits only to be indoors at this time of year. Of course; there's no way of knowing I suppose whether people will actually do this.....nor any way of knowing what other pet shops will do.

I was wondering this myself the other day.

Hi hun :wave:

Its good to know they sell like this then :) I wonder if the smaller pet shops do, I suppose it goes with Guinea pigs also.

When I went into Pets at home the other week they had signs up which read House Rabbits. Just remembered:roll:

Back