• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I know wee isn't always the same colour, but...

Candiflare

Mama Doe
Is this healthy?

IMG00089-20100114-2259.jpg

It looks like paint!

Uuughh! Looks like sludge. Could be too much calciumin the diet.
I'd keep a very close eye on the bun that produced it!

Keep away from high calcium veggies like spinach for a while. Hope it's nothing serious.

:wave:I would think you should reduce all his 'calcium' rich foods and feed things like basil, dill, sprouts, cucumber for water etc instead and monitor for 48 hours if it goes back to normal fine keep him on low calcium foods but, if it stays like that then he may need antibiotics, that may be painful to pass. Haven't seen that before but, have read about it and I'm sure the advice was to see the vet, left un-treated it can cause 'stones' and at the least be painful. Poor little fella.

It does look unusually high in calcium.I have read a lot of differing opinions on it but it seems that in a lot of cases it can be diet related. It would be worth monitoring what he eats and altering one element at a time (carefully!!) to see what's causing it.

Some vegetables are higher in calcium than others, notably parsley and mint. If you go to www.whfoods.com you can look up the calium content of different things. Alfalfa hay is very high calcium too.

Has he always does wee like this or is it new? When Apache was doing this a while ago i worked out in the end that it was down to the fancy hay I sometimes gave him as a treat - he'd have a handful of that, his wee would be like tippex for a day, then back to normal if he didn't have any more. He just gets plain meadow hay now ;)

I think I read on a post on here that if you rub it between your fingers and its a bit gritty then there may be a problem with the sludge building up in the bladder?!

looks a bit thick - i read on here that if its white and thick (a bit like toothpaste) its usually due to high calcium veg:?

my 2 have had white-ish wee occasionally (not gloopy tho) but thats after having broccoli a few days running so i limit it now:)

I took him to the vet and she "felt" his bladder (apparently they can do this, I didn't know..) and she said he was fine.

Maybe it was just a one-off..

I'll keep a close eye...

Back