• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Number of Litter Trays?

hellsdarkrose

Warren Veteran
I wondered how many litter trays I need for 2 buns. Radish has one in her cage and one in the living room and I wondered if I need to buy 2 more or whether your buns share litter trays etc.

Thanks

I have 5. Three giant, and two large throughout the house. I sometimes only have three on the go though. It depends on the buns!

Mine share litter trays but I do have one each for my pairs. So two in total for the pairs and one for the single.

The babes share one, this was also my intention for Emily and Muffin but Muff wont seem to go in 'her' tray. He was going in the same place all the time so we have given him his own, hopefully, he will start to use it soon

I have 1 litter tray for Jose and Rainbow cos they're only iccle and they fit nicely in it together. I have two for Paddy and Peaches though as their bums are too big to fit in one :oops:

I have 3 for Fudge and shes on her own. I think it all depends on the bunnies and your preference. I prefer more because then Fudge has less chance of an 'accident' on mummies floor :roll::lol:

I have two buns, they have two litter trays, both in their room.
They sometimes sit in one at the same time, and sometimes have one each.

I may just get another deep sided one and then they will have a choice of corner and deep sided rectangular. Radish's current 2nd litter tray is a normal cat one and she sometimes pees over the side so I will replace that and use it for something else.

Thanks for the advice.

My lops have one large underbed box, my lionheads have three smaller boxes but the large box had been such a success I'm on the lookout for a 70cm long one for the lionheads enclosure now.

I have 4. Two big ones: one stays in the lounge, the other goes in and out of the hutch.

Two smaller ones, one in the hutch on top of the sleepy bit and the other is really a spare.

Back