• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cousin's bunny died...

Phoebesmummy9

Warren Veteran
Some of you may remember me writing about my cousins bunny Phoebe who died a few month back.
Well yesterday I seen my cousins O/H go flying across the street with a carry box id lent my niegbhour... he seen me at the window and waved me down..
By the time i got downstairs and outside, he had pulled up in the van, There other bunny Flopsy, was on her side, panting with a swollen tummy and basically not responding although her eyes were open.
He came back, and I asked what happened, the woman who is a receptionist had a feel and said she would let the vet see Flopsy when the vet arrived, I asked if bunny had any pain relief, medicine? to be met with a shrug
I found out a bit later on bunny had died + that the vets they used suggested a broken heart or that someone poisioned her water!! :shock:

Well thats not the end of the saga! I found out theyve got rats and i know there hutch isnt 100% secure, i just hope it wasnt the rats
From what i seen though, Bunny was the same way my Piper went, she died of stasis
Bunny hadnt eaten or drunk for 2 days apparently..

most likely statis then :cry: poor little bunny, we think thats what took my first ever mini lop away from us when we were on holiday :cry: it was either statis or he was poisoned

as a few month after i got mowgli and had them out in the hutch he became poorly with what we thought was statis, but our vets said are you sure he hasn' been poisoned by any plants, i said no he hadn't been loose outside without me

needless to say i don't take any risks i don't trust anyone round here when my bunnies are out, i only let them out when someone is home

Im convinced it was stasis, I dont see how logically anyone would wanna go to the trouble of climbing over 6+ peoples gardens or climb quite a high wall just to poision bunnys water! :roll:
Ive really scrubbed out the bunny shed today and made sure all the hay/straw is swept up and food up off lower levels incase of rats!
Gemma my foster, nor any of my bunnys are outside without someone there, if we go out my niegbhours pop there head over to make sure there ok every 20 minutes or so :D

Back