• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hello everyone :-)

mikek

Warren Veteran
Hi,
A quick intro, I live in Devon (UK), and have had 2 rabbits (sisters) for about 5 years now. Unfortunately one recently died, but she had a good life. The other one ("Raddish")is fine.

I'm undecided atm about what to do.....that's why i'm here. If it's at all possible i may try to adopt an unwanted rabbit (or 2), but i'm not at all sure how Raddish would take it. I've tried to locate any of her brothers or sisters, but no luck.

Hoping to pick up some info on here. Thanks for having me :wave::D

Hiya :wave: Welcome to the forum :)

Youve certainly come to the right place :) Im sure your bunny would love a friend or 2, she probably misses her companion lots :love:

Look foward to seeing pics of your bunny :) xXx

Hiya :wave: Whereabouts in devon are you? Im in exeter. Welcome to RU cant wait to see pics x

hi, thanks for the welcome :D

i just found a couple of pics (ahhhh), but not sure that i can post attachments yet. i'll try and put them up on a hosting site somewhre

ahhh, thanks Becky.

here they are :D:D Raddish is the white one, and the black one is SPG (or spig as she was later known - all a long story).

They live(d) outside all the time in a fenced off area, and love to burrow. Not very tame....Raddish will let you stroke her sometimes, but Spig was very difficult to get a stroke. I miss her.

DSCN1765.jpg

DSCN1986.jpg

Awww they're adorable, soo sweet. :love:

I'm sorry for your loss :(
I'm not surprised you miss her so much, they take up huge places in our hearts no matter if they're tame or not - we still love them for the beautiful creatures they are :love:

You've defiently come to the right place to get advice on a new friend for Raddish though - & there are many bunnies looking for new homes too :)

& Welcome to RU :wave:

What lovely buns! I'm really sorry to hear about Spig, but at least she was a good age.

I think adopting a new companion (or 2!) for Raddish would be great, but be careful with the introductions. There are some bonding experts on here so probably best to post in the 'Rabbit chat' section, and ask their advice.

thanks, everyone :D .

i will be posting some questions soon. i see some lovely bunnies on here looking for homes, but i reckon it's gonna be a bit tricky with Raddish.....she was quite friendly to her sister Spig most of the time, but they had a couple of extreme fur-flying fights every year and i think it'll take a lot of patience to get her to accept company. I can't end up with 2 seperate rabbit areas either, as i intend to make more garden available to bunnies, but 1 area only!

anyways, no rush. Time to give some extra attention to Raddish. She needs to go on a bit of a diet as well! I was giving them unlimited pellets during the cold, as well as greens twice a week or so, and she's a bit overweight.

Thanks for all the advice.

I was wondering whether Radish is neutered? If not that may be why she was fighting her sister at times `(and why she can be less friendly with you sometimes). It would also explain why she has a huge mouthful of hay in one photo!!! (nesting syndrome!).

If she is not neutered it will make getting a friend much harder - and also she will be at great risk of womb cancer which strikes very many unneutered girl buns and is fatal.

Just wondered . . .

I was wondering whether Radish is neutered? If not that may be why she was fighting her sister at times `(and why she can be less friendly with you sometimes). It would also explain why she has a huge mouthful of hay in one photo!!! (nesting syndrome!).

If she is not neutered it will make getting a friend much harder - and also she will be at great risk of womb cancer which strikes very many unneutered girl buns and is fatal.

Just wondered . . .

Hi Parsnipbun, no she's not neutered. I didn't want to put them thru an operation when i first got them. I only saw a fight once. there used to be occassionally fluff everywhere in the garden and wondered what had been going on, then i saw it one day - it mostly happened about a foot above the ground! Another time i thought spig must have been got by a fox or summat as there was so much fluff, but when i found her it was hard to tell where the fur had come from off her! a little fur goes a long way it seems.

as spig died last saturday, there won't be any more fighting, but after some reading here and other places i am seriously considering it. i think i'll take her for a check-up tomorrow and the flu (or whatever it is) jab she's due for, and ask the vet if she's too old or not. I've been trying to work out how old she is, not quite as old as i first thought....maybe nearly 5yrs.

Awwh what lovely bunnies :love::love: Im so sorry about Spig :( They really do leave big spaces in our hearts dont they :(

Raddish is gorgeous :love: Im sure speaking to the vet about neutering would benefit Raddish lots :) If shes around 5 years old, she isnt too old for neutering :) If you use the search bar above, you can look for does that have been neutered older :) Its usually successful. Good luck either way anyway xXx

Back