• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Toys? and treats

Shellypops

Wise Old Thumper
I know treats should be given in moderation, has anyone got any suggestions of good treats I can use for when Bobby has been good? Also toys, she loves her food ball, and have bought her some wooden toys which she looks at as if to say"erm what am I supposed to do with that?":evil:

Mine love fresh herbs as a treat, or dandelion leaves, or even a bit of grape. I don't buy the shop treats at all.
They all love their tunnels and a big box of hay to sit and dig in.

Mine love fresh herbs as a treat, or dandelion leaves, or even a bit of grape. I don't buy the shop treats at all.

Me neither. Just a small piece of fruit, a grape, two sultanas... That's it. And I can go for days without giving them any of those. I'm mean ;)

My two love their tunnel too. Muppet has a cardboard box with hay that he likes to sleep in and 'remodel'. Occasionally he likes to shred a yellow pages. They both love throwing their food bowls around (so I've deliberately given them light ones that are easy to flip). They have a couple of wooden toys, they like to toss them aside...

Me neither. Just a small piece of fruit, a grape, two sultanas... That's it. And I can go for days without giving them any of those. I'm mean ;)

My two love their tunnel too. Muppet has a cardboard box with hay that he likes to sleep in and 'remodel'. Occasionally he likes to shred a yellow pages. They both love throwing their food bowls around (so I've deliberately given them light ones that are easy to flip). They have a couple of wooden toys, they like to toss them aside...
Oh she got to the yellow pages, wasn't sure whether she should be eating it to be honest, so just kept an eye on her... she loves tearing up and down the stairs as well:love:.... I have been giving herbs ;)

Mine have the excel apple chunks just a few so I can try and get them a bit more snuggly and I throw some in their hay trays

:wave: Have a look on the Hayexperts site they have some nice nom nom things which can be fed as treats, fenugreek crunchies seem to be popular. Toys wise, have you tried the toilet roll cardboard stuffed with hay, you could even try stuffing with Oat Hay or one she doesn't normally get. I tend to use a grape or bit of banana or apple as a treat although I have been known to feed a really small piece of rich tea biscuit as a special treat, I know Hob Nobs have been recommended as high calorie treats for underweight bunsters :D

:wave: Have a look on the Hayexperts site they have some nice nom nom things which can be fed as treats, fenugreek crunchies seem to be popular. Toys wise, have you tried the toilet roll cardboard stuffed with hay, you could even try stuffing with Oat Hay or one she doesn't normally get. I tend to use a grape or bit of banana or apple as a treat although I have been known to feed a really small piece of rich tea biscuit as a special treat, I know Hob Nobs have been recommended as high calorie treats for underweight bunsters :D
Thanks sweety, use the toilet rolls but will stuff them with a diff hay :love:

We brought Bramble some of the Excel Carrot and Apple chunks.....he will do anything for one of these now! Off to get some more today. He got a lot of those popcorn sticks for Christmas, and I did let him have one on Christmas Day, but am reluctant to give him them, as surely they can't be that good for him.

He also had a lovely ball for Christmas.....which he destroyed in 2 days! Kept him happy for a while anyway! He's not really that interested in other toys that much though, he's rather be chewing something!

One thing he does love is his little wooden ring (sent from pampered piggies) stuffed with hay. That keeps him busy too!

We brought Bramble some of the Excel Carrot and Apple chunks.....he will do anything for one of these now! Off to get some more today. He got a lot of those popcorn sticks for Christmas, and I did let him have one on Christmas Day, but am reluctant to give him them, as surely they can't be that good for him.

He also had a lovely ball for Christmas.....which he destroyed in 2 days! Kept him happy for a while anyway! He's not really that interested in other toys that much though, he's rather be chewing something!

One thing he does love is his little wooden ring (sent from pampered piggies) stuffed with hay. That keeps him busy too!
yeah have seen loads of those popcorn things, but have never bought them.. the excel thingies sound good though, I have ordered some

Back