• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Frodo's ill

I've been a little concerned about him the last few days as he was kicking out with just one paw as he hopped and peeing where knows he shouldn't. This morning he looked really failed and didn't want to feed, drink or move.

The vet has seen him and although he's been given antibiotics, gut stimulus and another injection for pain relief I fear the worse. The vet was very concerned about the size of one of his kidneys. So my initial fear about a urinary infection has now turned into a worry over cysts, tumors and kidney failure.

I'm syringe feeding him throughout the day and would welcome the good wishes of this forum to help me help him...

Many thanks

Oh, no, not that gorgeous little cute guy.
Millions of vibes and good wishes for him. How is he taking to the manual feeding?

I'm going to give him another syringe feed in a minute. He's taking it without too much fuss which isn't that reassuring as he's usually pretty feisty when he feels 'held'. He snuggles up and will nuzzle and lick but just lately he was really licking and chewing on my clothes in particular. Now I have a feeling he was trying to get comfort in return...

I feel wide open emotionally when it comes to the little brown bullet that he usually is. Broke my toe going down sideways so I wouldn't fall on him as ran between my feet once...right I'm off to feed and give him a good talking too...

3426139022_536cd6ac80.jpg

Frodo says farewell. He slipped away from us late last night.

Thank you all for your kindness.

I found this thread just a few minutes and have just come to the post with the sad news. I'm so sorry. Thinking of you.

thanks

Thanks guys,

I know from this forum that so many of you have gone through the same and there are those nursing the sick right now. My heart goes out to you too.

Even though I feel pretty raw at the moment I would not have given up sharing those all too few years which such a fantastic character.

I have no shame in saying that after the human members of my family he was my best friend.

Take care all and be well.

Well, I buried him tonight where a garden meets a field and wild rabbits run about. It's a nice spot I think.

I hope you all stay well and your furry families too. May you binky till you feel sick, one and all, that's you furless two legged ones too you know.

Kind regards to all.

I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful boy. Thank you for sharing him with us if only for a short time. There are so many people here who understand what your going through.

He will be waiting for you at the bridge.

Back