• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding Help!!1

pleu

New Kit
Hello all.

About 10 days ago I got my first rabbit. A very cute mini lop boy, I have since had him inside with us 24/7 in a play area with a litter tray.

During the last 10 days I have been cuddling him and patting him in his cage while letting him out for runs around the lounge room very regularly. Still he seems to hate me and my two house mates, he won't let us even pat him and we are yet to see any form of affection that I have heard rabbits show.

We purchased the bunny from a breeder who had extremely friendly bunnys, even our bunny was very affectionate back at the breeders!! So I know he has it in him.

I would love to have a bunny that will not be scared of me and am at my wits end!! Any bonding help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Theres another thread one in Rabbit Chat and one in Behaviour and Bonding :lol::lol::lol:

:lol: yep teddy hated me, to be honest so did petal, i would not leave mine alone, i picked them i cuddle them kissed them played with them. petal follows me about the house and loves a good cuddle and ted just jumps at the chance to get her head rubbed. it all depends how confident you feel. i just worked away. best of luck, it will ofcourse take time for him to get to know you, it really won't happen over night. o yeah theres a rule on here to post piccies ;) :wave:

Back