• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Litter habbits post op

lauras

Young Bun
Hi everyone,

As you know from my previous post Bob had his leg amputated on Monday. Hes doing very well now, big healthy poos and much more himself.

Hes had a couple of accidents where he has wee'd on his bed and the blanket in the living room which he never does. Do you think this is normal post op?

Thanks
Laura

Hello everyone :wave:

Does anybody have any idea why Bob since his operation is losing his litter habbits sliightly. Hes fine in his cage but when hes out he keeps weeing on either his blanket or on the carpet (right near his litter box) I know he can jump in his litter box still as hes been in it so its not that.

Hes much much better since his op but I wonder if this is a something that happens after operations or if anyone has any ideas?

Thanks all

Awwwh, bless him. Maybe it will just take time for him to adjust. Is he accidentally missing the litter tray? You said the accidents were near the litter tray. Where hes weeing i would clean with a vinegar solution so he doesnt do it in the same place again.

How is he coping without the leg :) xXx

No hes definitely not missing it as its quite a big tray and hes a little bunny :) Plus when he has wee'd on his blanket its actually in a different spot (he lays on it in the lounge)

It just seems strange as hes usually so good with it (apart from the odd accident) but this is happening every time he is out and more than once :shock:

Hes getting on really well with 3 legs. A bit quiet at the beginning of the week but much more himself now which is good. I think Ive been more traumatised with it than he has!!

:wave: I would give him some more time, I think in light of what he has been through it may just be a combination of everything. It's really early days and he may still be sore and limiting the movement as much as he can, they don't find the smell of their wee offensive to him it's like his little signature scent :lol:

Aw bless him, Lionel did have some accidents after his op too, maybe he just needs a bit more time to adjust to jumping in the litter tray so often :)

Yes was thinking it was probably just him adjusting but thought Id see what other experiences people had, as it is out of character for him.

He has as long as he needs though. Am just so pleased he's getting back to his usual self again.

Yes was thinking it was probably just him adjusting but thought Id see what other experiences people had, as it is out of character for him.

He has as long as he needs though. Am just so pleased he's getting back to his usual self again.

Glad he is doing well x

Back