• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Jager has a bald patch under her nose, help please?

Keky

Warren Scout
Hey I'm quite new but I've just noticed my little Jager has a bald patch under her nose and I'm worried it could be snuffles or something else. She doesn't appear to have stained or matted paws though, but I have heard her sneeze a few times recently, and put that down to dusty hay and woodshavings (which I just changed to carefresh).

Here is a photo of her nose:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/46497928@N05/4272820912/

Any suggestions welcome,

Char.

She appears to have a slight nasal discharge. The area is not 'bald' but damp.

I would get your Vet to check her over as she may have the start of a RTI.

Thank you for the advice. I have her booked to see the vet this evening and will bring along the photo as it seems she is keeping herself clean again.

Just back from the vets and she said to just keep an eye on Jager since she doesn't have a wet nose or anything.

I got her to look at Jager's ears again since she is still doing this crazy head shake. This is the second time I've asked about this but this time they got a good clean out and I've got some ear drops for her as there is a lot of redness. She will get them checked again when she is in for her spay next week.

Also got her and her brother's nails trimmed while I was there so neither of them are talking to me :lol:

Back