• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is it just the time of year?

leeanderin

Mama Doe
I don't know what has gotten into Rubens these last few weeks, she is constantly mounting Dilbert and pulling out huge chunks of fur, it is at its worst first thing in the morning when they are waiting to be fed. I feel so sorry for Dilbert as he's wriggling to get away and Rubens just goes and catches him again, also if they are fed out of the cage Dilbert waits in the cage until Rubens starts eating before will come out.

She's turned super naughty too, when we stayed at my mums at christmas she tried to eat the sofa, then the curtains, climbed on the sofa and succesfully put holes in the cushion covers and poo'd all over her sofa, both buns have stayed there loads before and have never done anything like this.

Any ideas? Is it just the time of year or do you think it could be something else?

Last edited:
I assume that she is spayed ?

If so then it may be that she feels the need to reinforce the fact that she's 'top Bunny' after the recent changes of environment ie staying at your parent's.
Even though they have been there before.

Is she eating and pooing OK and does she have a history of Dental problems ?

I assume that she is spayed ?

If so then it may be that she feels the need to reinforce the fact that she's 'top Bunny' after the recent changes of environment ie staying at your parent's.
Even though they have been there before.

Is she eating and pooing OK and does she have a history of Dental problems ?

Yes she's spayed.

Eating non stop as usual and plenty pooing going on, she had spurs done last January but has been fine since x

Back