• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Worried about Winter and Rimmis bond.... seem to be jealous of each other??

TeflonsShadow

Wise Old Thumper
OK... this has only been happening recently but whenever I go to stroke one of them, the other one will lunge at the one getting affection.... I have never had that with my bonded buns before!! Should I be worried? I totally disapprove of the squabbles (which was even include digging thie partner, grunting and nips)

Whats going on??!!

Should I be worried??? I cant keep them apart but I cant be stroke both at the same time all the time either...!

no real advice, but rosie used to be like this when she was alot younger and when we had mowgli, she always had to be first, if id been away she was worse, i had to push her away and say no, its mowgli's turn, but he never did anything back, wonder if its a small bun thing :?

Dont know, its hard because they both do it and they both deserve some 1:1 affection if you know what I mean.... Rimmi will dig and grunt Winter if I stroke her but if I stroke Rimmi then Winter will nip him. Makes me sad, they love each other apart from that....!

I would back off both of them for a couple of weeks. Sit with them, let them climb over you etc but dont actively seek to touch either of them.

Who is top Bunny in their relationship ?

Sparkle does this to Oscar. Sparkle was a single bun and now has Oscar as a "friend" although sometimes she is less than friendly to him.
As far as I can see it's because Sparkle is jealous and I don't worry too much although have got quite adept now as stroking both at the same time - takes some doing but can be done. She leapt on him tonight when I picked him up to give him his eye drops - as soon as he was down on the floor she nipped him. She is just jealous of my attention and definitely wants to be top bun

How long have they been bonded for? I have had this with both Emily and Muffin and then the babies too but it didnt go on for very long. When Mufin first started accepting nose rubs (which isnt very often) Emily actually humped him.

the babies were really jealous of each other for a while, especially Bruce who is the self appinted boss. Thankfully it didnt happen for very long, they all kind of got used to it.

Hope it stops soon

I agree with Jane, their bond isnt strong enough yet so I would leave them be for a few weeks.

When Strawberry and Snowdrop were bonded Strawbs would bite Snow if she was sat on my knee to get her off. He didnt care about my attention and didnt want a cuddle, but didnt want her to have one either!

I agree with Jane, their bond isnt strong enough yet so I would leave them be for a few weeks.

When Strawberry and Snowdrop were bonded Strawbs would bite Snow if she was sat on my knee to get her off. He didnt care about my attention and didnt want a cuddle, but didnt want her to have one either!

I agree with this, I think this is probably what ruined our two bonding attempts :oops: I just couldn't not stroke my monkey, but he was getting attention from us, while the new bun wasn't confident enough to come up to us yet. I know it's a totally different situation, I just think that we tend to underestimate our buns attachment to us, I think they look at us in the same way as they do other buns, with a dominance/submissive thing, rather than seeing themselves as a distinct species! :lol::love:

I agree with this, I think this is probably what ruined our two bonding attempts :oops: I just couldn't not stroke my monkey, but he was getting attention from us, while the new bun wasn't confident enough to come up to us yet. I know it's a totally different situation, I just think that we tend to underestimate our buns attachment to us, I think they look at us in the same way as they do other buns, with a dominance/submissive thing, rather than seeing themselves as a distinct species! :lol::love:

Strawberry definately believes he owns me. As he does my whole house! We dont let him free range very often anymore as he becomes possessive over everything, especially as we have other bunnys in the house. He does have his own bedroom though he isnt short of space!

Rimmi is the top bun, they have been bonded since the start of December. I cant stand not being able to stroke them!!! :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Back