• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ignore.

nursecroft

Wise Old Thumper
Someone from another forum has said on Hampshire freecycle there is - 6mth old male French Lop, Havant, Hants.
Same person is also looking for homes for baby rabbits (unspecified breed).

I cant find the ad though, dont know freecyle at all?

Im logging off now as have to go out not sure if anyone could find it, not that i personally can take them. :(

Last edited:
Hello,

It was me who reported it on the other forum. I'm happy to give details to anyone who asks - I wasn't aware there's a protocol to be followed.

It actually sounds a bit odd, I have emailed the lady and she claims the French Lop is a house rabbit. The other two babies are Mini Rex, 16 weeks. She also claims to take in rescues.... :?

She's a 'rescuer' :roll: I know the lady vaguely, got one of my guineas from her

:wave:

Merlindog said:
Hello,

It was me who reported it on the other forum. I'm happy to give details to anyone who asks - I wasn't aware there's a protocol to be followed.

It actually sounds a bit odd, I have emailed the lady and she claims the French Lop is a house rabbit. The other two babies are Mini Rex, 16 weeks. She also claims to take in rescues....

I'm guessing you're close to me? :wave:

I'm guessing you're close to me? :wave:
Yup - Southsea :) :wave:

Well that's all a bit strange then. Giving away French Lop and Mini Rex for free? or is it a way of advertising her rescue? Or is she offloading bunnies she's bred for free? Or to make room for rescues? Or giving away rescues?

I wonder if people did apply for the Frenchie, whether she would ask for a donation? (That would be a breach of the Recycling Cafe group's terms).

On the other hand if she is a bona fide rescue, then maybe advertising on there helps her rehoming - but then it should be made clear.

Dodgy all round methinks.

No offence to anyone intended, and i know you aren't technically advertising a freecycle bunny, but i still think by saying there is a specific freecycle bun out there you are worried about/PM for details etc, you're still breaking the forum rules

There are hundreds of them out there, some in dire need, and we all desperately want to help them all, but we can't.

Its not fair on all the guys who run rescues who rescue, treat and rehabilitate, vaccinate, neuter and bond needy buns then cant find homes for them when these 'desperate' cases get snatch up in days.

Yup - Southsea :) :wave:

There's quite a few of us that sort of area :wave:

Well that's all a bit strange then. Giving away French Lop and Mini Rex for free? or is it a way of advertising her rescue? Or is she offloading bunnies she's bred for free? Or to make room for rescues? Or giving away rescues?

On the other hand if she is a bona fide rescue, then maybe advertising on there helps her rehoming - but then it should be made clear..

I'm not so sure she's 'bona fide' maybe I'll drop her an email and ask.

As I understand it she takes in and ships out again (for want of better words :oops:)

No offence to anyone intended, and i know you aren't technically advertising a freecycle bunny, but i still think by saying there is a specific freecycle bun out there you are worried about/PM for details etc, you're still breaking the forum rules
Well ok, I understand, sorry.

I only joined because Crofty posted on here about it without having any details. It has, at least, helped me to understand this isn't as genuine as it first sounded and I suspected. Perhaps it may lead to the person not being able to advertise on that recycling group any more? Would that not be worth doing? :? I'm sure the facility for advertising pets on there (with which I heartily disagree) is aimed at people in genuine need, and genuine rescue places, rather than breeders or 'serial offloaders' ?

Oh ive broken the rules again, not sure why i bother. :? This is how i rescued Teddy and i have taken rabbits from rescues too, at the end of the day they all need help. Other people have put lpoads of threads up like this, i wont do it again before anyone else tells me off.

You can remove this thread now.

Back