• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Emergency Hay dilemma....

Alfagirl

Mama Doe
Quick question guys...

I've run out of hay, and can't get any yummy local hay until next week....so question is...do I buy P@H Timothy hay...

or the more expensive Excel forage stuff, and risk the buns getting a taste for it????

My Brian really likes the PAH timothy hay,
Then again, he eats anything.
The excel herbage is also good.

What's wrong with P@H Timothy Hay? My Noel eats it. Although he won't eat the browny bits in it.

Dont think anything is wrong with it as such, its just not as good quality as other types.

Alfagirl, does your local pets at home stock the alfalfa king timothy hay? Thats really good quality and you get quite a lot in a bag.

They do stock the Alfalfa King Timothy, but the buns have totally gone off it, and my last bag was incredibly dusty.
It irritates my allergies too, though I would still buy it for them if they liked it.

I will probably get the Excel stuff...I'd feel guilty otherwise:roll:, I just hope it doesn't stop them loving the gorgeous local meadow hay I get!

I can thoroughly recommend the Excel Herbage. Radish barely ate the pets at home Timothy Hay but wolfs down the Excel Herbage.

I'd get herbage or timothy. Mine seem to really like the timothy when I had to get it over christmas.

yeah i thought it looked good too. My local pet shop are experts in all things animal related, most of all rabbits! Neela wouldnt eat normal hay so i asked them for advice on the excel stuff and they said its good for the mean time but not permanantly as it is very high in protein and the rabbit can gain weight, something along those lines i dont really remember, ive got a brain like a siv!!

Well, it's only for the next week till I can get my farm stuff again.

I bought the Excel Herbage in the end...and they are both now tucking in like they've been starved!! Must be tasty, but at £4.50 a bag, it would cost me a fortune!!
Maybe they'll just get is as a "garnish" on their normal hay! Hee!:lol::lol:

Well, it's only for the next week till I can get my farm stuff again.

I bought the Excel Herbage in the end...and they are both now tucking in like they've been starved!! Must be tasty, but at £4.50 a bag, it would cost me a fortune!!
Maybe they'll just get is as a "garnish" on their normal hay! Hee!:lol::lol:

thats what i do :D lol

Back