• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Interesting article

Good article. Some people don't take you seriously when you're upset about the loss of a pet. All my pets have been friends and I'm devestated when one has died.

I read the Roy Hattersley article in the Mail yesterday - it made me a bit weepy just reading it. I totally agree with the BBC article though - people don't understand the depth of feeling with have for our pets. I remember one so called 'friend' laughing at me when I told her my hamster had just died. Miserable cow :evil:

That is really interesting and I foudnt eh comments at the end comforting too.

My mum still doesn't really inderstand why I sobbed my heart out when Ewok (my last Guinea Pig) died but didn't cry when my gran died. I loved my gran but I'd had turned Ewok into a handome fat piggie from skinny nervous wreck when my cousin rescued him an dhis brother Nutty. I still miss him.

I do think people trivialise loss. A loss is a loss no matter what...
It's a broken link like the guy says.

That made my cry. I'm such a soppy over emotional cow at the moment :oops:

Definitely not. It was a poignant article. It makes me feel relieved that I'm not the only one. My mum phoned work and said a close friend of hers had died when her dog had to be pts, which I thought was very appropriate.

Back