• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why do rabbits...

Oh wow, I've just read that it might be a survival tactic due to lack of clean drinking water :(

Poor Buzz... I really don't think he had a nice life before he came to me :roll:

Oh wow, I've just read that it might be a survival tactic due to lack of clean drinking water :(

Poor Buzz... I really don't think he had a nice life before he came to me :roll:
ahhhhh well at least he is with someone nice now.:D

Buzz no drink wee wee:love:

Is his mouth ok?
Cant remember where I read it but someone said they had a dental bunny that would drink his own wee because the warm temperature wouldnt hurt his mouth as much as colder water.
Just a thought.

Maybe give him lukewarm water then??

Are you sure he isn't just sniffing it? Grim sniffs wee and gets it all over his mouth. He also chins the litter tray... :roll:

Both the buns i've known to do this were dental buns. I'm inclined to think they either prefer the warmer temperature or are trying to reabsorb the calcium, but I don't know for certain xx

i don't know why some do it but maybe judy (thumps) will be about later as i think thumper does - or did (apologies in advance if i'm thinking about the wrong bun).

Well this worried me, because we had a dental scare last week... hmmm... off to the vets this week...

Thanks for all your replies. :wave:

Rum did this when she was younger, she also used to wee all over her foot. had us worried for a while but she grew out of it.

Now she just licks my socks, which is way worse than drinking urine.

Back