• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Noel's being neutered

lja401

Warren Scout
Hi all,

Noel is being neutered a week Friday. Wondered if you could tell me how it will change him. The last couple of days he's been weeing on us. Will it change that? He's also biting everything.

How safe is the procedure?

Thank you,

L x

Shold we get him done? He does the humming and circling around the legs but is not aggressive. He has been weeing on us when sat our laps but hasn't been spraying. He mostly uses his liiter tray.

Should he be done? I'm getting worried about the risks and general anesthetic.

Thank you.

Bumping up....hoping someone can reply, who can advise in more detail than I could about your questions.

i'm not an expert but i'd say definitely get him done, because some adult male rabbits need asbos. i am thinking of a certain 'spice', who lived in the mid-nineteen seventies, and 'peter', my colleague's first bun, who had her terrified with his territorial attacks!

but i had to call in to say, my daughter's father in law is called noel. so every time i see this thread, it makes me look again! he's 77 though, so i think its a bit late.

I know what a very tought decision it is and I know that there is a risk, however, they become much calmer afterwards and have a much better quality of life, including a wife.

Hehe about the father in law being called Noel too. Thanks for all your advice. He bites a lot (not with aggression) so hoping the neutering will stop him doing that. He is always grunting and circling now so think he needs to be done. We also want to get him a friend so I guess we need to get him done. Still worrying about it though. He's such a lovely boy. x

It's natural to worry about a GA (says she who always cries when she leaves her rabbits at the vets:oops:) but neutering is quite routine these days.

When he comes home, he'll need to stay in for a few days and will want to lie on something soft (like a duvet or towels) and in a quiet area.

Back