• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Boney bum??? U/D Back from vets

sacol4940

Warren Veteran
I've noticed that Peaches's bum has become boney over the last few days, should I be worried?

She's looking a bit smaller/thinner that she was but I dont know if thats due to her moulting (she's gone from being an outdoor bun to an indoor one). I've also stopped feeding as many treats too so I dont know if it could be that.

She's eating fine (Hay, Pellets, Veg, and treats every now and again), runs around as normal, and she's fine in herself.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
When I noticed Teddy was getting thinner I took him straight to the vet, where, after many tests, it was found out that his body couldn't fight a long term chronic infection, so he had to go on abx. He's better now.

I'd take her to the vet. It could be stress, it could be an infection....you never know. Best be safe, than sorry. Are they all bonded yet?:)

Even though she's eating ok, it might be worth getting her teeth checked. Often weightloss is the first sign of a bun having bad teeth, as they don't absorb the food properly when they don't chew it up well enough.

Otherwise, maybe increase her food a little? It certainly can't hurt if she's underweight.

pearls got a boney bum and shes quite poorly... best to get it checked out if your worried :wave::wave:

When I noticed Teddy was getting thinner I took him straight to the vet, where, after many tests, it was found out that his body couldn't fight a long term chronic infection, so he had to go on abx. He's better now.

I'd take her to the vet. It could be stress, it could be an infection....you never know. Best be safe, than sorry. Are they all bonded yet?:)

Not yet, they're going away on Saturday to be bonded, i'm going to miss them :(

Even though she's eating ok, it might be worth getting her teeth checked. Often weightloss is the first sign of a bun having bad teeth, as they don't absorb the food properly when they don't chew it up well enough.

Otherwise, maybe increase her food a little? It certainly can't hurt if she's underweight.

She had her teeth checked when she had her VHD a couple of weeks ago and they were fine

I'm worried now :(

I've got her booked into the Vets for 5.10pm, my OHs taking her though cos I'm at work and i refuse to drive in this weather cos it scares me - my heart pounds and I start shaking :oops: (I've been getting lifts to and from work for the past 2 weeks)

Well I took her to the vets and the vet checked her teeth, belly, and heart, and she said seems like a perfectly healthy bun :D She said it's probably the different pellets (they were on Excel but I feed them SS) and that they arent providing her with enough energy, so she suggested feeding her more of them or swapping her back onto excel. I think i'm going to try her with a few more to begin with and see how she gets on.

Phew! :lol:

It was reading your post about her boney bum that got me worrying :(

oh im sorry... its only noticable on pearl because she always was quite a big girl.... she got over 3kg at one point and at the vets the other week she was only 2.6kg :( and i think shes lost weight since then.. ill be weighing her on Sat when ive plucked up the courage to face it

only just seen this sarah - what a worry! glad she's got the all clear at the vets :)

i'm finding that even tho mine are indoors, they do seem to be eating more of everything at the moment due of the cold (or are they just taking advantage because they're so greedy:?).

Back