• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dominating Female

new_horizon

Young Bun
Hi all,

I recently adopted a (now) 5 month old lop. She has been spayed and recovered pretty much immediately. She was spayed approximately 4-5 weeks ago.

She is currently a house rabbit (as it is too cold for her outside), but has continued her pre-spaying problems of weeing on the bed and dropping all over the room. I have tried leaving wet litter in her tray when changing it, but this has had limited effect. However, I can put up with all of the above.

The main problem now is that we have allowed her to run around the living room, but she has started to charge around, grunting and chase the cat - who is scared to death - trying to bite her.

Is there anything I can do to reduce this behaviour - as I'm feeling very sorry for my Mum's cat!!!

Any help would be great

Mark

:wave: Mark

It seems she was speyed quite young - usually they are not done until 6 months - was she displaying this kind of behaviour before the op?

Was she alloed into the lounge etc before the spey? peeing on the bed and putting droppings everywhere, as well as chasing the cat, are signs that she is marking her territory and claiming the room as hers. If she did it before the op it may now be something she has learnt to do, so will need firm correction - grunt at her or say no sharply - to train her out of it.

Back