• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help with alternative cleanser to Hibiscrub/Hibitane

Kermit

Wise Old Thumper
Im looking for something else that i can bathe Inca with apart from Cooled boiled salt water ot Hibitane/Hibiscrub.

She had a reaction to the Hibitane/Hibiscrub and i feel that i could be doing with something better than the cooled salt water.

Any suggestions? I was thinking an Iodine based cleanser, has anyone used these?

Not sure if this is helpful but when I worked with horses, my friends horse was allergic to hibiscrub. Friend told me to only use salt and water as lots of the alternative products to hibiscrub have similar ingrediants so her horse would react to those as well.

In my experience par boiled water and salt has always worked best both with horses and rabbits :)

Ill try having a look at the ingredients before ordering anything else then, thanks.

Its for her woman bits, so the shampoo would be too harsh, thanks anyways x

Povidone Iodine is the usual alternative to hibiscrub for surgeries etc, but i think it would to harsh for a bunny's lady bits! :oops:

If warm water and salt i.e. saline isnt enough, someone told me body shop nettle shampoo is good. all organic and natural and whatnot, plus nettle has some good skin properties i think....

Baby shampoo is usually quite useful as it's very mild, plus its quite easy to buy! Medicated shampoos would probably be a bit harsh - I know cleaning my hands in hibiscrub and F10 severeal times daily makes them sore.

Gorgeous guineas shampoos are very mild. Especially the one for baby guinea pigs. I wouldn't want to wash myself in Hibscrub either!

How is she getting on Kirsty? Is she still really sore :( or has it improved any?
Poor little Inca, hoping you find something suitable to wash her flower with x

Thanks guys, ill try the baby shampoo then, ill get some on the way home from work.

Mandy - she is a bit better than she was, her skin is just tender looking :(

Back