• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

question about no heating and heart bunnies...

donnamt

Wise Old Thumper
when i phoned work the girl on recpetion said that she had no boiler for a month when hers packed up..

does anyone know how pearl being a heart bunny would cope with possibly no daily/overnight heating if it doesnt get fixed tonight? the temp 14 degrees in thier room this morning and i have no idea when the heating stopped working thro the night :?

would it be safer for the buns to relocate them to my moms house if i dont get my heating back?

i know i should really be phoning the vet about it, but RU usually has the answers :D

Transporting Pearl would probably be more stressful for her.
We have a heart bun in the sanctuary that lives outside with no probs, but he's obviously used to it.

Transporting Pearl would probably be more stressful for her.
We have a heart bun in the sanctuary that lives outside with no probs, but he's obviously used to it.

i know :( but they are used to 18 degrees all the time... vet reakons the cold outside is whats made pearl worse and Alvin has already had stasis too again vet thinks it was the cold....

never even entered my head this nightmare could happen or id never have let ste go to scotland.. least with him home i could go to work and keep the electric heater on

I think the advice from my vet when Mr Fluff was 'diagnosed' was that it was extreme heat that was the worry. I turned my radiator off for him.

I guess if its a big change in temp it might be a bit of a shock- how warm is it normally?

If you did think about moving her, which is the lesser of the evils for Pearl- travelling and being away from her mum, or being cold?

Can you get an electric heater in there? Or use snugglesafes?

Have you got a timer switch that you can plug your electric heater in to.

Maybe you'd feel better leaving it as on for an hour, off for an hour etc - then you'd worry less about it overheating?

Have you got a timer switch that you can plug your electric heater in to.

Maybe you'd feel better leaving it as on for an hour, off for an hour etc - then you'd worry less about it overheating?

im scared of timer swtiches.. ive read they are a huge cause of fires :oops:

i would have to leave all heating off when im not here between 8am and 6pm and overnight too probably incase i slept through a fire :oops:

not para honest :lol::lol:

Not sure of your set up but when I was at uni the heating packed up and I lit loads to candles to keep my room warm...it definately warmer in my room to my housemates but obviously if there is a lot of hay around this may not be feasible.

I think the advice from my vet when Mr Fluff was 'diagnosed' was that it was extreme heat that was the worry. I turned my radiator off for him.

I guess if its a big change in temp it might be a bit of a shock- how warm is it normally?

If you did think about moving her, which is the lesser of the evils for Pearl- travelling and being away from her mum, or being cold?

Can you get an electric heater in there? Or use snugglesafes?

18 degrees and its at that temp now :) but im home so im not worried about fire so am using a heater... ewwww at the smell of burning dust :shock:

I don't think 4 degrees is that big a difference to be honest. I would use some kind of electric heater, the oil filled ones are pretty safe, you just have to make sure she can't bite through the power cord. Lots of them have timers and thermostats built in so you can have it keep a certain temperature at certain times of the day.

are they in a pen or free range, whenever i go out and leave rosie i always wrap the fleece around her dogcrate, if she wants she can go in there and keep snug

Could you get her a snugglesafe and then put it in her crate with a warm fleece or towel? Then you could warm it up again at lunch if you can make it back home. That way she would have somewhere warm to go if she felt she needed to.

i cant leave the house till the gas man has been and the tomorrow ill be back at work with nowhere within walking distance from work that will sell one :(

not even sure an hour would be long enough to get a bus to anywhere either

i cant leave the house till the gas man has been and the tomorrow ill be back at work with nowhere within walking distance from work that will sell one :(

not even sure an hour would be long enough to get a bus to anywhere either

Where are you? Is it possible to borrow a plug in rad? I could lend you one, they are very safe but Im not sure where you live

yeah i know but it wont get here today if i did get one :( i think it would be an idea to get one tho. no heating how does that happen :shock:

Oh, I just remembered that someone on here said you could warm a brick in the oven and then wrap it in a towel. I don't remember the particulars though.

i have heating again :D:D:D:D boiler will hopefully be fixed in a few days but im just to keep my eye on the pressure and keep topping up till the parts have come.. after landlords go ahead ofcourse :D:D

Where are you? Is it possible to borrow a plug in rad? I could lend you one, they are very safe but Im not sure where you live

i have plug in heaters but i never leave electics on while im out.. not worth the risk of fire which i have a real fear over... my beautiful animals burning to death because i have them in metal cages.. they have no chance

Back