• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

oxbow bunny basics

Not in my experience. My two used to have it until it got too difficult to get hold of and they were fine.

No problems with gas but I did find Parsnip used to drink a lot more whilst on it. I've gone back to SS Mature now.

Both mine have been on these pellets for about 6 months now and all's well (touch wood!!). Are you feeding ad lib hay as pellets shouldn't be the main part of any bunny diet. Hope this helps.

they have a very small amount. bisc has been drinking alot of water. her eats loads and loads of hay. just trying to find possible explanations for his recurrent gas. the new pellets are one of the changes in the last couple of months.

Are you using Bunny Basics T or 15/23? The T is timothy hay based and the 15/23 alfalfa.

I have been using the T for three years now. I (touchwood) have had no gas problems with our six and all have shiny coats and bright eyes. I previously had had problems with excess caecals with both Excel and SS with a bridge bunny.

Bunny basics is pricey with six bunnies :( but as they seem to do well on it I am loathe to change.

Are you using Bunny Basics T or 15/23? The T is timothy hay based and the 15/23 alfalfa.

I have been using the T for three years now. I (touchwood) have had no gas problems with our six and all have shiny coats and bright eyes. I previously had had problems with excess caecals with both Excel and SS with a bridge bunny.

Bunny basics is pricey with six bunnies :( but as they seem to do well on it I am loathe to change.

it is the T one.

i think there is more going on with bisc than we know about yet. his other thread has all the info about him. he keeps getting gas etc....

don't think it is the pellets but wanted to check if anyone else had noticed any problems.

Poor Biscuit. I hope that you can soon work out what is happening with his tum.

I am sorry you are having such a tough time with Biscuit and Matt. I am keeping my fingers crossed that 2010 is a healthier year for them both xx

Poor Biscuit. I hope that you can soon work out what is happening with his tum.

I am sorry you are having such a tough time with Biscuit and Matt. I am keeping my fingers crossed that 2010 is a healthier year for them both xx

thank you. xxx

My husband took Homer to have his dental yesterday and the vet said he had put on a little weight since last time, but what a lovely coat he has.

Both of mine have lovely shiny coats and Homer's is soooooo soft.:love:

Must be the BBT ;)

Back