• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The younger girl sheep.

halfpenny

Wise Old Thumper
Sheba,
221.jpg

Cleo,
223.jpg

Foula,
224.jpg

Folly,
222.jpg

Badger,
235.jpg

Do I spy Zwartble sheep or is that my imagination?

Do you mean Folly, she's a black dorset. We were at the rare breed sale, this was before we decided to become a sanctuary, and were planning to just have 6 sheep to keep the fields tidy. We hadn't bought anything, and Folly was the last sheep through and Mike bought her in a fit of panic. That is why her offical name is Mike's Folly.:lol:

Do you mean Folly, she's a black dorset. We were at the rare breed sale, this was before we decided to become a sanctuary, and were planning to just have 6 sheep to keep the fields tidy. We hadn't bought anything, and Folly was the last sheep through and Mike bought her in a fit of panic. That is why her offical name is Mike's Folly.:lol:

Aw, thats amazing,
What breed is badger then?
Sorry for all the questions, I just really love sheep!
There were a couple of Zwartble sheep at my college that had been saved from slaughter because they were such characters. Their presence certainly put a stop to me ever going to lectures, they would just stand by the fence and be stroked all day.

Aw, thats amazing,
What breed is badger then?
Sorry for all the questions, I just really love sheep!
There were a couple of Zwartble sheep at my college that had been saved from slaughter because they were such characters. Their presence certainly put a stop to me ever going to lectures, they would just stand by the fence and be stroked all day.

Badger is supposed to be a jacob, although she was a rescue, from an unbelieveable situation. I think she is a jacob cross though because I've heard they tend to be coloured black with white blotches, rather than the proper jacob colouring. She's a real character, and you have to give her a scratch in the morning, she's also top sheep.

Its upsetting how many people see sheep as just livestock, when they are really amazing, intelligent, lovable creatures.
Can I come and live with you?
You have my perfect lifestyle, lol.

Its upsetting how many people see sheep as just livestock, when they are really amazing, intelligent, lovable creatures.
Can I come and live with you?
You have my perfect lifestyle, lol.

In the situation Badger came from, many of the animals were being used for more than just livestock- certainly some of the goats we took in from the same situation. I don't think Bagder was abused, but Jacob was going to have his throat slit in the bath.:shock:

Badger is supposed to be a jacob, although she was a rescue, from an unbelieveable situation. I think she is a jacob cross though because I've heard they tend to be coloured black with white blotches, rather than the proper jacob colouring. She's a real character, and you have to give her a scratch in the morning, she's also top sheep.

I'm coming to live with you too! Do you mind if I copy these pics and send them to my mum? She had a pet sheep who was also a jacob :D called Annabelle, who had a lamb called Sparky. She's got a picture of them on her bedroom wall. I'd love to have sheep, that's my plan when I have my own place (and some money :lol:). Sheep, chickens and a cow :D Cut grass, eggs and milk. :)

Back