• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The boy sheep.

halfpenny

Wise Old Thumper
Noggin.
226.jpg

Zog,
233.jpg

Issac,
232.jpg

Jacob,
099.jpg

Yaay Noggin :) :) :love:
How are they all doing?

They are doing really well.:wave:
I have been worrying about them in this weather and it does bother their feet, sheep seem to go lame very easily.
We've kept them in for the last couple of days so Mike can do a bit of trimming and spraying ( with an antibiotic foot spray).
They love their coarse mix and I think are much healthier on a proper diet, certainly the growth of their feet is much better.

When i go to my mums, we pass a field of sheep... i said to my partner a few days ago should they be inside, as they just looked so sad and cold :( He just rolled his eyes as usual thinking im an idiot :lol:

Your animals are all so well looked after :love:

When i go to my mums, we pass a field of sheep... i said to my partner a few days ago should they be inside, as they just looked so sad and cold :( He just rolled his eyes as usual thinking im an idiot :lol:

Your animals are all so well looked after :love:

Thank you.
Funnily, when we first got sheep, people 'in the know' told us sheep don't like being inside, but whenever it is bad weather, like the last week they spend most of their time inside- I think they usually don't have any option. In the summer they have outdoor access all the time, but have a shelter. In the winter they come in every night- poor old things, they must feel the damp and the oldies are quite stiff, they deserve the same care as the others.:)

Awww lovely sheep :love:

It's part of my master plan to one day gave at least 1 sheep called Filbert and a donkey called Athelstan. :lol:

Yes, they are pets, quite a few rescues amongst them. The oldest are 13 now, which I thought was quite a good age until I heard of a sheep that is over 20.:shock:

One day I hope to have rescue sheep too, Jealous!
Yours look very well looked after indeed.

I want Jacob :love:

We raised an orphan lamb and called her Georgie, we lead trained her and she used to showjump :lol: she spent the rest of her days having babies in the fields and lived to a ripe old age.

They are all lovely :love::love::love::love: & so clean & well cared for.

Some people are saying that the ewe that leads a flock doesn't know how to lead the flock to shelter in this weather because they haven't encountered it before. What do you think halfpenny?

Don't all boys have those horns? Or haven't they grown yet?
I don't know anything about sheep? :oops:

Not all male sheep have horns, and some female sheep do have horns, it depends more on the breed rather than the sex.:)

For example, neither sex of Blue Faced Leicesters have horns, both sexes of Jacobs do, But only the male Herwicks have them.

Last edited:
Back