• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Noroclav

Its Amoxicillin, a synthetic penicillin type antibiotic and I would not want a Rabbit in my care to be given it orally

It is a penicillin combined with clavulanic acid to increase its potency. I would avoid using it in rabbits without indications that other antibiotics would be ineffective due to the high risk of GI dysbiosis.

Thanks for the advice :)

Just looking back over some vets bills and i have noticed it as having been administered after a couple of dentals last year along with metaclopramide :?

I knew what the metaclopramide is for but i still aren't sure why or if they should have been given the noroclav stuff :?

The only time I've been given that is for the dog :? bit weird that they're using it on your buns without explaining why or anything.

ETA when Sorrel went for dentals they always gave her a shot of Baytril...never any other antibiotic.

Back