• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

o jacks-jane i need your helpU/D wish me luck

Ted an Petal

Warren Veteran
:wave: hi jayne listen theo was given ear drops tonight as his ears are slightly waxy and as i was opening the box something dawned on me about your morse. what make was the drops that you thought had caused his illness and made you lose another bunster too? these i've been given are called aurizon. i haven't given him them yet.

Last edited:
frig, do you think my vets would be mad if i asked them to change them to something else? i haven't opened the bottle or anything.

If I remember rightly it was thought to cause liver prolems but Morse's liver results ended up not being too bad and it was the ear infection that was actually causing a problem.

If you do a search for aurizon on here I am sure you will find the thread :wave:

even more confused now, don't know what to do, what i don't get though is that this stuff is for dogs not rabbits :?

I would follow the advice of your vet. They are qualified and will have given you the drops aware of all the possible side affects thinking they are the best thing for your bunny.

:wave:I was prescribed some cream for Gizmo after his neuter for injection site soreness and hairloss, the cream was only licensed for dogs and because I felt he might injest some and it was steroid based, I wasn't happy to use it, I returned it within the hour got my £10.00 back and bought a pot of aloe vera in PAH which in the end I only used once as the cooled boiled water to keep it clean did the trick and he did it himself. Most vets won't accept things being returned as they cannot re-sell it not knowing what temperature etc it has been exposed to. My situation was slightly different in that it was returned within the hour. Tricky but, if in doubt check with the vet about your concerns, they should be able to reassure you over the phone about how many rabbits have used this with no side-effects.

Is there a specific reason they've not used Canaural?

I don't have extensive experience of these things but when Skye had an ear infection she was prescribed Canaural and her symptoms were COMPLETELY gone within half an hour of the first dose :shock::shock::shock: It was literally like magic, no complaints here.

Obviously discuss it with your vet though as Skye's experience is just one off anecdotal evidence :) hope he's better soon. x

:cry: i really don't know what to do, she said he just had a little excess wax, just slightly abnormal. she was in a hurry and just shoved them in my hand. so do i not use the drops and hope it sorts itself out or do i use the drops and take a chance and hope they do him no harm. gah!!! :( his ears weren't red inside just a little waxy.

How is your relationship with your vet? Maybe ask if there was a reason he didn't give you Canaural? Explain why and maybe give him Jane's vets details if he wants further info? At the end of the day I would always follow your vets advice, but that doesn't mean you can't question it, in a nice way?

i'm gonna call into the vets on way home and see what they say. better to do it face to face rather than over the phone.

Back