• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Those of you with indoor and outdoor buns...

I always thought I would feel guilty as I've a terminally ill one who has to be inside but I don't strangely enough.

I do often feel sad for her because although she's got free range of the room most of the time she often looks bored and she did used to love running round the garden.

Once this awful snow goes I shall let her have a run around outside again :)

Yes I feel really guilty about the outside bunnies when Eddie is lounging in front of the fire.

But then I also feel guilty for the indoor buns when the outdoor buns are out in the runs in the summer.

So its swings and roundabouts really, plus I always mange to find something to feel guilty about :lol:

I have had both in the past, and no I didn't feel guilty because mine all had the same amount of attention no matter where they were :)

Yes I feel really guilty about the outside bunnies when Eddie is lounging in front of the fire.

But then I also feel guilty for the indoor buns when the outdoor buns are out in the runs in the summer.

So its swings and roundabouts really, plus I always mange to find something to feel guilty about :lol:

I cam completely sympathise with this! :roll:

I don't know.

I know that Cherry and Frankie are much happier in this cold weather. Although Cherry never really made it outside, other than for a few weeks when she first came.

Sophie and Granite were indoor, and went outdoors in sprin last year. they definately prefer to be outside, with lots of space.

Charlie and Belle look very happy snuggled up in the hay pit all today.

I have found that buns do a lot more happy flops inside though:?

Yes!

I know some of the outdoor buns wouldn't want to come inside, but I bet they'd like a warm, heated shed to live in...if only I had the money

I don't have anything to add but I am really interested in how much time you spend with outdoor buns compared to indoor buns as I have a shed just filled with cardboard boxes and nothing else. The shed has electrics and I have considered outdoor buns but I think I would feel guilty too.

No because my outdoor buns like living outside and hate living inside. My indoor buns prefer it indoors. So they are all happy and most of them are in pairs they aren't really interested in me unless I have food. :roll:

Yep. I dont feel so bad about Ronnie and Lola, as they have an insulated shed, but i always feel sorry for our hutch bunnies :( I wish they could all be indoors but it just isnt possible :(

I must say the indoor buns are certainly more spoilt and get so many more cuddles :? I guess its different in the summer though, as we spend alot of time sitting outside, so the outdoor buns get more attention then... :lol:

I think Ruby would like to be an indoor rabbit but Pipkin probably wouldn't... so I'm sort of split.
They both really enjoy having the run of the garden, and they loved the recent snow, so I don't know that I'd want to take that away from them.
I think if they were inside it would be more for my benefit as I wouldn't worry so much!

Even in the weather that we have just had my indoor two would have preferred to have been outside so yes a bit. The indoors buns dont have as much space as the outdoors buns in that they dont have a whole garden to free range in

I'd love more buns but ive got no more room inside so they'd have to be outdoor buns and I'd feel really guilty about leaving them out in the cold :oops:

:wave: I do a bit for both and can't wait till they are together. I am always re-assured when Ness comes bounding out of the shed and does a little binky about, she likes being outside I think, she does come into kitchen while I am preparing brekkies but, likes the door open to get out again :lol: Gizmo loves being indoors but, is missing going out I think - might have to compromise and have a conservatory for them :lol:

I was thinking about this today.

I've just been to Ikea to buy loads of stuff to do up the office. I'll be clearing out a load of the junk and making it useable for working from home. The set up I have just now kills my back if I sit there for any length of time. So I usually end up working at the kitchen table or in the living room..

.... back on topic. :lol:

Well, I've decided that since I'll be clearing out the junk and making more room in there.... that I'd quite like to have an indoor bunny in there to keep me company while I'm working. :love:

I really miss having inside bunnies and it makes me sad thinking about them out there in the cold... but here's the thing... I have three outside bunnies that have never managed to bond so they are all individual bunnies...

... how do I decide which one to bring in. Whichever one I choose, the other two will think that's my favourite!

I'm thinking it might be Joey because I've had him for the longest time and when we used to share a flat he was very well behaved apart from the odd nibble.

Leo would pee everywhere, all over the carpet and Skye would chew her way out of there!

Help! How do I decide!!? :lol:

I don't feel guilty as my outdoor and indoor ones appear happy in their own ways.

The trio live in a hutch and have the adventure playground of a garden (supervised access) outside and obviously enjoy that, even the snow (as seen in the photos).
The pretty boys have more space (free range in their own bedroom) and in the summer get time outdoors in a pen. They obviously can't do this in the winter but a lot of the time they are both laid out with their legs stretched out behind them so I deduce from that, that they are quite content.

So no guilt on my part :oops:

Ditto!

Though the ones who are outside at the moment (8 of them) are almost all ones who are rather shy or nervous of humans by nature or because of their past, and a bit wild, and would not really enjoy being inside I don't think. Except for one . . . who I feel guilty about. All the others managed to get major or minor illnesses in the late Autumn and wormed their way inside for the winter:lol::lol:

I don't feel guilty, I know my buns are looked after, they're warm, they have each other. and I,m spending a lot of time with them even in this lovely weather, I just get wrapped up :D I'm a really cold person but it's strange how I've climatised to the cold weather since being a bunneh mummeh :D

I feel a bit guilty that Oscar has been here only 10 days and is living indoors , the foster babies are in the garage, whilst my own 8 are outside, but all my outside buns have loads of room, they're heated at night, and they all love the garden.

Oscar has to stay in firstly cos he's not well, and secondly cos he has no partner (he's beat them all up) so he's no one to snuggle up with (apart from me!)
The babies are in cos of the exceptional weather.

Back