• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Chudley's Rabbit Royale

I've used it for 12 years. Never had a problem with it, as mixes go it is a good one.

However we do use SS and excel for dental or under weight bunnies :wave:

I dont like to feed it to my Rabbits as it is heavily coated with mollasses and I do not believe this to be appropriate for my Rabbits.
It is very popular in the Rabbit Breeder World though :)

My friend used to use it with her two. I must say that I always thought it looked quite a nice mix with all the flowers etc in it.

I know I will get shot down by many but I think that if your rabbits don't selectively feed and you only give them a tiny amount, a bit of mix doesn't hurt.

It has changed over the past year and is no longer as sticky as it used to be. It was recommended to me by a good rescue and I have never had a problem with dirty bottoms or dental problems with those that have been on it for many years :)

But then again I only give a tiny bit of dried food to my buns, there diet is mainly hay and veg

This is the ingredients grass, wheat, oats, oatfeed, barley, peas, maize, alfalfa, wheatfeed, marigolds, mint and nettle, carrot, glucose, straw and fruit :)

Last edited:
I've always said that if a mix is just really a suppliment, and rabbits can get what they need from hay and veg, I can't see a problem woth feeding it- the bowls are always empty, so there is no selective feeding.
The only problem I ever had with it was with Runt, just as he hit puberty and then after he got castrated, he became very aggressive. I put him onto excel and he calmed down, along with some serious handling. He is now back on Rabbit Royale and is a lovely bun, but I did wonder if the molasses was perhaps making him hyper along with the hormones.

We tend to use a lot of Dodsen and Horrell food, we feel they make good quality, middle priced food- so we use their sensitive dog food, sheep mix, pig food, horse food and goat food, and the chick crumbs that go in the quail mix.

We tend to use a lot of Dodsen and Horrell food, we feel they make good quality, middle priced food- so we use their sensitive dog food, sheep mix, pig food, horse food and goat food, and the chick crumbs that go in the quail mix.

If its good enough for the queen, its gooed enough for my buns :lol::lol:

ohhhh, is Chudleys one of the cheaper mixes you can get out there? I am paying £1.60 a kilo at the moment for Russell Rabbit, and back in the day when I fed it to my very first bun, it was 75p a kilo! :shock:

Could anyone recommend a good place to buy it pretty please? Just because this is what Noisette was fed on when she came to me, and she seemed to love it, and she's not a selective eater either.

ohhhh, is Chudleys one of the cheaper mixes you can get out there? I am paying £1.60 a kilo at the moment for Russell Rabbit, and back in the day when I fed it to my very first bun, it was 75p a kilo! :shock:

Could anyone recommend a good place to buy it pretty please? Just because this is what Noisette was fed on when she came to me, and she seemed to love it, and she's not a selective eater either.

If you want it by the sack then you can get it from Marrowell Farm at West Hadden.

Or that pet shop in Daventry (not the one that sells animals but the one near Boots) properly have it in smaller amounts.

I use this and another pellat food It cost me £12 for a 20kg bag of it from Russels in Larbert in falkirk I have tried SS but my lot wouldn't eat it ............might be that there fuzzy and had always been feed feed Rabbit Royal all there life 6 of my 10 were ex breeding rabbits

I dont use it, but a local pet shop sells it, and when i asked her if she could get the SS pellets, she said she used to sell them and no one bought them, she said she seels this Chudleys rabbit royale by the sack and loads of people buy it :?

Back