• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Colour changing bunny

TINKS30ish

Warren Scout
Flower was spayed awhile back, when she came home she had some scabs on one ear, i guess from a drip or something? Anyway when the scab came away it left a chunk missing out of her ear. I didn`t take her back to the vets as the scab had been clean and had looked fine and when it came away, the area was fully healed and it`s not like they could put it back in. Well the fur has grown back now, but it`s white and the rest of her is black. Is this normal and will it always be white now? Thankyou.

I don't know officially, but I would guess it's a sign that the follicles have been severely damaged or something similar to stop the pigment forming that causes hair colour? If so, I would say it was permanent. :?

My ginger and black girl has white fur spots where she's had scabs form :?

Never really thought anything of it :? :oops:

Flower was spayed awhile back, when she came home she had some scabs on one ear, i guess from a drip or something? Anyway when the scab came away it left a chunk missing out of her ear. I didn`t take her back to the vets as the scab had been clean and had looked fine and when it came away, the area was fully healed and it`s not like they could put it back in. Well the fur has grown back now, but it`s white and the rest of her is black. Is this normal and will it always be white now? Thankyou.

The same thing happened to my bun with black ears.
To be fair he got a large infected horse fly bite on the ear they put the drip in, when free ranging outside only 1/2 hour before a dental. The infection was probably the trigger with us.

Whenever a needle is put in a vein there is a small risk that it will cause a blood clot to block the vein. This is why a small strip of tissue dies. As said before the pigment cells are lost. Thumper still looks as though he's brushed his ear against white paint a year later.

Back