• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Abigail Frenchie's Story

honeybunny

Wise Old Thumper
Some of you will know we have a French lop girl in
She was sold by a well known pet shop chain (not my local branch) to a family for their young daughter..with a 3 foot "starter hutch" :censored: they also bought a little lionhead boy ( See Peter on other thread)
They let these two play together..then surprise..babies appeared. Some of these they gave away..one a fox got and the other two also came into us last week( See Bouncer and Adam)
but they continued to let the two adult buns play..and another litter arrived..they then decided the Frenchie girl needed a larger hutch so went and bought a four foot one and kept her in it with two of her babies
Then they rang me and asked if we'd take them all
See Matty for her remaining youngest baby..the other were taken by a fox and one little disabled on they are keeping as a housebun..(I cut dirty matts off the little one and gave lots of advice before leaving)

Here is the Frenchie's Hutch..notice the filth where straw has just been added rather than cleaned out..the bun looks small here due to way sitting but see other pics for her size..and notice no water in bottle
She couldn't use the bed area as a shelf had been left in and filled with dirty bedding..she was too big to get under it or lay on top:cry:

abidir.jpg

Abideir.jpg

Here is the lovely girl , now named Abigail, and in a clean 6 x 2 x 2 with water!

Abigailb.jpg

and fresh food

abigailc.jpg

and a close up

Abigail.jpg

Last edited:
What a sad story, she look so happy now, but all I can think is why on earth have they kept the little disabled house bunny, they couldn't look after non disabled bunnies properly :( what will happen to the little one in the future.

Sadly they didn't want to give her up..they wanted to keep Peter too but managed to persuade on him
I will stay in touch with them as they are near me and will ring in a couple of weeks to check on the little one they've kept..they also have my number is they decide to give her up too

Crikey she really does look like Teddy :shock::shock::shock::shock:

Shes absolutely stunning, thankgod shes out of there!!! How much does she weigh Jill?

Crikey she really does look like Teddy :shock::shock::shock::shock:

Shes absolutely stunning, thankgod shes out of there!!! How much does she weigh Jill?
not weighed her yet..she will be when she goes for her vacs on Thursday
She seems a good weight though and is quite friendly..whoever adopts her will get a beautiful pet

Sadly they didn't want to give her up..they wanted to keep Peter too but managed to persuade on him
I will stay in touch with them as they are near me and will ring in a couple of weeks to check on the little one they've kept..they also have my number is they decide to give her up too

Another example of the fantastic work you do it is remarkable what you do These bunnies now have a chance for a better life.Please keep us informed of their futures.

not weighed her yet..she will be when she goes for her vacs on Thursday
She seems a good weight though and is quite friendly..whoever adopts her will get a beautiful pet

Just be interesting to see what she weighs compared to Teddy. He seems to be building up muscle now (feels like he's getting heavier!) will have to weigh him again. Shes gorgeous :love:

Back