• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Eva (Gerbil)

Minimallow

Wise Old Thumper
This is the beautiful Eva :love:

DSC08300Small.jpg

DSC08280Small.jpg

We got her from the PAH adoption section as the manager had been talking to us and we decided to take her to introduce to another one of our lone female rehomes. They had split her up from the others as they said there was fighting and they "thought" she was the instigator. I hated the thought she's have to spend her life on her own. Unfortunately on getting her home i realised there was something not quite right as she seemed a little thin. She started doing sticky poos so off we went to the vet. Vet just doesnt know whats wrong but i have her on ab's just now but it doesnt look too good.
Please can you send some vibes for her. Shes only a baby at 9 weeks

ohhh ...poor little one :(..

i wonder if they were fighting because the others knew she wasnt well .. :(

I thought that too angie. She is unresponsive to sudden movement visually but responds to sound so i think she has some form of blindness/partial sight too. Vet thinks she may have some form of genetic or congenital defect which is what i agree with more. I had some gerbils who went the same way. They stayed active but just didnt thrive. Post mortem showed abnormally small heart and lungs so i was wondering if it was something similar. She is just not thriving if that makes sense :?

Back