• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

theo again off to the vets tonightU/D okay

Ted an Petal

Warren Veteran
theo refused his pellets again this morning, when i handed one to him he just chin rubbed it :roll: he was grand last night and doing lovely big golden poos. i just can't figure out whats going on with him, it wasn't even as cold last night. he was shaking his head this morning and scratching his ears. this could mean nothing like. do you think it's the start of EC? i really hope not.

Last edited:
Hi Linz. :wave:
Sorry I have no advice as I am useless on Rabbit health, but sending lots of eating vibes for Theo.
I hope he will be o.k xx

Come on Theo. Stop worrying mummy and eat your pellets!:):)

no his teeth where check when he was neutered and they where fine, he does lots of munching on hay, i know i'll go home and he'll be munching away but he's going to the vets, he'll hate me for it. :(

I think that the head shaking & scratching his ear indicates that his ears are bothering him, so your trip to the vet won't be wasted.
I'm hoping it's something simple like wax or mites, & hoping it's not a middle ear infection. EC is bottom of the list.
Everything crossed for lovely Theo tonight.
Please keep us updated.

I would get his ears checked....When I first got him, Blue was scratching his ears and shaking his head like a bun possessed....turned out he had an ear infection, A quick trip to the vets won't do him any harm. Hope he's ok and it's nothing serious.

thankyou so much never thought of an ear infection. i did sniff his ears last week and no smell from them :oops: he just hates being touched and i've been working so hard with him i hope at least he'll be easier to handle at the vets. i'll keep you's posted.

Theo seems to be okay he has a little extra wax in his ear than he should do, i've been given drops but not too sure about them. his gut was fine which was good news.

well i started another thread there, but i'd remember that jack's-jane morse had maybe had trouble with these ear drops. just reading through her thread here. i'm so relieved he's reasonably okay.

I think you'll find that Theo is less upset by the drops if you warm them slightly just up to your skin temperature - don't feel warm/slightly cool on the front of the wrist.

Back