• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Suddenly gone off veg?

crysta

Alpha Buck
Don't suppose anyone has some insight on this?

Faith's gone off veg, apparently. I put them both some in earlier and Hope has scoffed hers, but Faith's left it alone.

She's still eating, and when I put some pellets in she started crunching away on them. She's just ignoring the veg. Is she just being picky? Has anyone else had a bunny that suddenly refuses veg?

Mine are quite fussy if the veg is more than a few days old they eat with less gusto and will often leave it if the greens aren't green enough or crisp enough!! The only time Daisy won't eat any is when she's about to go into a stasis episode!!

Alvin only refuses veg at the start of stasis but still eats pellets :?

ive never seen him refuse veg because he dont fancy it on that day.

I'll keep a close eye on her then - first sign of anything going funny and she's going to the vet.

It might be because I bought it from a different place than usual so it was a little bit older - the celery was a bit leafy, it might have thrown her. Hope doesn't care, she just hoovers everything. :roll:

It might be worth chasing her around for a bit and tempting her with some fresh herbs parsley, basil etc?!

It might be worth chasing her around for a bit and tempting her with some fresh herbs parsley, basil etc?!

:lol: If I chase her around she'll have a tantrum and not come near me for a week. She's a moody bun!

I just dabbed some porridge on her while I was porridging Hope and she's eaten it so maybe she's just sulking because Hope's getting special treatment. :lol:

:lol: Daisy forgives me quite quickly but I think that's coz Im the one holding the treats :D Maybe she's just being fussy then?! Daisy normally won't eat anything at all when she's about to go into stasis!

It looks like it's the celery I bought. I gave her some cabbage and it vanished. :lol:

I'll keep a close eye on her for the next few days anyway though.

Back