• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny ears changed colour!

Coineanach

Wise Old Thumper
My mum has an outdoor bunny, (well, 4 :lol:) and the tips of her ears have turned white :? Smokey is dark grey (imaginitive name ;)) and it was noticed yesterday her ears have changed. She's fine in all other respects, eating, drinking and pooing everywhere. Has anyone else had experience of this?

My mum asked if it could be related to the cold, like snowshoe hares who change colour in the winter. She asked me if I would post on the phone last night - she's not very computer savvy! :lol:

Has she shed lately and developed a new coat? Julie's markings change with every shedding and her ears,nose and paws turn light gray in the summer and dark black in the Winter.

My Californian girls ears are a much darker brown nearly black now after her latest moult.
They have never been this dark before. So I'm interested to see whether stay this dark or fade back to a mid brown.
So yes to ear colours changing but not with a grey bun & not related to cold, as this was Parsley's summer moult.
Not sure if this helps but thought I'd share :)

Well, I'm assuming she's put on a winter coat as she lives outside, but she'd have done that months ago and my mum only noticed this the other day :? I'm afraid I can't comment as they live at the other end of the country from me :lol: The buns get taken in for cuddles (and to watch the telly!) on a regular basis so I don't think she'd have missed it. Unless their coats keep changing over the winter, and not just when they originally moult? Strange animal :lol:

Back