• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

For Those Who Buy Disposable Syringes and Needles Online....

I bought a box of 100 1ml syringes from Medisave the other day...the quality is brilliant :thumb: You do have to pay postage though if I remember rightly.

..then I noticed that you can still buy 3 part ones singularly from VetUK...they're described slightly inaccurately as catheter tip, but it's defo the right ones :roll: :lol:

Ooooh thanks Jane, especially re: the 3 part syringes, which I hadn't noticed that vetuk had stopped selling until Abbymarysmokey pointed it out on here recently!

I might end up buying a new stethescope from them too.
This could turn out to be a more expensive shopping trip than I had planned :?

Darn there's a vetuk order of cat food and glucosamine on its way to me at the moment, if I'd realised I'd have ordered some more at the same time, oh well!

Maybe its worth me buying them online too, its costing me a fortune from my vets :?

Can anyone tell me the difference between the blue and green needles? I get given a few of each to do depocilin injections with.

Thanks for this... exactly what I've been looking for as I want to get some smaller gauge needles.

do you think a 25g x 5/8 would be too small to administer 20ml of ringers?..

I think the difference in colours in size, though not sure if it depends on what make of needle, I heard terumo ultra thin wall are supposed to be the best though

find this link with the flow rates which might be useful

http://members.bellatlantic.net/~vze2r6qt/supplies/AboutNeedles.htm

Maybe its worth me buying them online too, its costing me a fortune from my vets :?

Can anyone tell me the difference between the blue and green needles? I get given a few of each to do depocilin injections with.

Blue - 23 gauge. the smaller size.
Green - 21 gauge.

Deffo use the blue to inject with - just use the green for drawing up, or hand them back. Better still, ask if they have any of the red ones with a built in filter to draw up with ( like wot we do in the hospital)

Blue - 23 gauge. the smaller size.
Green - 21 gauge.

Deffo use the blue to inject with - just use the green for drawing up, or hand them back. Better still, ask if they have any of the red ones with a built in filter to draw up with ( like wot we do in the hospital)

I had real trouble with the blue last night :? Could not get it in at all. Vet says i can only use green or blue. The orange one for the diuretic and steroid goes in really easy no problem at all but i can't use those for depocilin :(

I had real trouble with the blue last night :? Could not get it in at all. Vet says i can only use green or blue. The orange one for the diuretic and steroid goes in really easy no problem at all but i can't use those for depocilin :(

My vet gave me green ones, and I was having trouble getting them in! Now i've switched to orange 5/8 inch, its SOOO much easier, because the needle is thinner and smaller! Also, because I'm administrating Baytril, I have seen a significant decrease to the amount of scabs she was getting on her back.. she's not getting any at all! :)

why can't the orange ones be used for depocillin? Would the same be for baytril? :oops:

My vet gave me green ones, and I was having trouble getting them in! Now i've switched to orange 5/8 inch, its SOOO much easier, because the needle is thinner and smaller! Also, because I'm administrating Baytril, I have seen a significant decrease to the amount of scabs she was getting on her back.. she's not getting any at all! :)

why can't the orange ones be used for depocillin? Would the same be for baytril? :oops:

Depocillin is more gloopy and can bung up the smaller gauge needles.
I can use the orange tip for Depocillin as long as I use a different one from the one used to draw the dose up :)

Back