• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Un-neutered rabbits escaped...can someone please help me!!!

Alfagirl

Mama Doe
Hi all,

Just arrived home to find Echo escaped from his NIC den and playing with Tibbs. Neither of them are neutered so I can only assume the worst.

I really, REALLY didnt want this to happen and now I don't know what to do.
Is there any way I can tell if he's got ot her, if you know what I mean??!!

Please don't think that I meant this to happen in any way...I feel so stupid. I'm so upset.:cry::cry:

What do I do????

Same thing happened to me when I had Strawberry and Graham side by side. Graham got out and got to Strawberry. We took her in for an emergency spay and discovered she was actually a he!

How old is she?

I too would book an emergency spay as it is more than likely that she will be pregnant.

Id call the vets first thing tomorrow, explain to them and ask to book an emergency spey. They should book you in this week :) xXx

I didn't even think of that...I'm just in such a state.

Will phone the vet in the morning and see if they can fit her in. They're a huge vets so hopefully they'll have some appointments.

Could you book them both in together and then they will be able to be bonded and live together in 6 weeks.

Good luck. Dont blame yourself, i've been there too.. but my male got two sisters pregnant :? I was so upset and angry at myself.

But now i have all the buns neutered, bonded and happy :)

These things happen so don't blame yourself.

Sounds like you were going to bond them anyway so you just get your little girl spayed sooner than planned. As Snowberry says you could book your male in to be neutered at the same time.

They were both booked in to be done last Fri but I had a bit of a tumble on the stairs and couldn't have coped with two recovering bunnies.
Today's the first day I've been able to go back to work.

I'll speak to the vets tomorrow and see what they say.

I'm supposed to be going away on Thursday too - it's my OHs graduation from a helicopter course he's doing (he's in the RAF), so now I think that will be ruined too.

It's all such a mess.

Thing is...the graduation is in Shrewsbury, which is at least an 8hr journey from here.
So the earliest I could be back is Sat night, or Sun morning.
My Mum and Dad were gonna come through on Sat to spend the day with them, but I don't want to land two recovering bunnies on them.

I can try and work something out.

Good news, Tibbs and Echo are booked in for their neuters on Monday, and the vet said that this should be ok time wise.
Very relieved as it means I will be able to look after them both, rather than have to leave them with anyone.

Good news, Tibbs and Echo are booked in for their neuters on Monday, and the vet said that this should be ok time wise.
Very relieved as it means I will be able to look after them both, rather than have to leave them with anyone.

Well done :) Let us know how they get on x

Back