• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rob having a sand bath *vid*

Awwwh hes gorgeous! :love::love: Is that your bed hes on?!? :lol: They make so much mess dont they! We bought one of the enclosed chinchilla baths, but they still manage to get it everywhere :lol:

xXx

He is so cute :love:

I don't know the first thing about chins - why do they have sand baths? (other than to look utterly cute while doing so :love:)

He is so cute :love:

I don't know the first thing about chins - why do they have sand baths? (other than to look utterly cute while doing so :love:)

They cant bathe in water so have sand baths :) The sand keeps their fur clean from grease and dirt etc :love: Their fur is lovely, a bit like rex fur :)

He gets sand everywhere, my floor is covered :lol: My bed is near the window, its the only place in the room light enough to film.. now i need to hoover my bed.

If hes out and refuses to go back i just have to get his sand bath and runs straight over and jumps into it :lol:
Rob and his brother Louis used to both squeeze in the bath together and be rolling around knocking each out of the bath.

He's lovely!! :love:

Is he a Pink White? He looks a lot like Snowy - even in body shape! My other chin' is a lot smaller than Snowy and nothing like her in shape at all.

Lol yes - there's the sand and the poo.... no-one believes you until they've had chins' themselves as to how much poo they do! :lol:

I keep saying I'm going to get a doormat for outside the pet room door 'cos I always end up tracking sand / hay / poo all over the stairs.

Awwww that so adorable! :love: I've never seen a chinchilla walk around before :lol:

Are they friendly animals?

oh fantastic :love::love::love:

there was a girl at the vets with two chins and she said they are a bit scruffy because they havent had a bath yet.. i was like :shock: you have to bath em.... she said sand baths :oops::lol::lol: ive wondered how it happens since then.. what a lovely sight :love::love::love:

I put mine in the middle of the kitchen floor so i can sweep it easy - they are such messy monsters!
How often do you give yours a bath?

oh fantastic :love::love::love:

there was a girl at the vets with two chins and she said they are a bit scruffy because they havent had a bath yet.. i was like :shock: you have to bath em.... she said sand baths :oops::lol::lol: ive wondered how it happens since then.. what a lovely sight :love::love::love:

Im sorry at first i thought you were commenting on the size of the lady by saying she had 2 chins :lol::lol::lol::lol: silly me :lol::lol:

I put mine in the middle of the kitchen floor so i can sweep it easy - they are such messy monsters!
How often do you give yours a bath?

He normally has a quick sand bath everyday, but this was his first one in over a week cos we ran out of sand.

I keep my sand for ages, I just pick the poos out and and slightly top the bath up, I use a deep tub. But they only get a bath twice a week.:oops:

I keep my sand for ages, I just pick the poos out and and slightly top the bath up, I use a deep tub. But they only get a bath twice a week.:oops:

Rob has a tendancy to pee in the sand and roll in it :roll: So he gets around 25 mins in his bath a day before changing it.

Rob has a tendancy to pee in the sand and roll in it :roll: So he gets around 25 mins in his bath a day before changing it.

ahh right, mine used to do that so i cut down the time they had in the bath and now they don't get the chance :)

Back